Chapter 11

Lauren's POV

Now settled in Justin's home with him nowhere to be found. I still can just watch my house being blown up. Thank god Stephen took Riley. I could not take my baby getting hurt or worse going through what I myself was going through. I looked over at Mary who was smiling at me as she continued to cook her potatoes.

"How are you Mary?" I ask as her cute nose scrunches.

"Good. I would ask you the same but I heard." She states cutting more potatoes. "I am so sorry."

"It's fine. It isn't your fault." I say clicking my pen on my unfinished paper work. "Hey do you know where Justin is?" I ask making her stop in her tracks.

"I don't know to be honest sweetie." She says. "He left earlier when you fell asleep on the couch."

"Are you sure? I thought he was in his home office." I say getting up.

"I am sure." Mary states. 

I get up from the couch as I began to wander to find Justin's home office. Justin's home hasn't changed one bit. I walked upon Justin's home office. I hear his answering machine beeping. I look around the office and see no Justin. I walked over to his desk to see a bunch of papers. I scattered them around to see a notebook opened to a bunch of names with a criminal history. I picked it up and flipped through the other sheets to see things like "Anon Text 8:45pm: You will be dead to me soon enough." I looked at the rest of writings in this notebook like this. Has Justin been getting worse threatening messages than me. I then look at Justin's answering machine. I clicked the button to listen to them. "24 Old Messages." The answering machine said.

The first one started off, "Justin. Justin. Justin. I tell you and your little bitch to listen to me. Keep playing and I will make sure you lose everything you ever loved." Chills ran down my spine at the high pitched alien sounding voice. I stopped the answering machine from playing anymore. I then hear Justin's home office door open. I look up to see Justin standing there glaring at me. 

"What the hell do you think you are doing?" He says making my heart beat faster than before.

"I was looking for you." I defended myself.

"By listening to my messages and looking over papers on my desk." He spat. 

Okay I know it looked bad but I was curious. I know how Justin is. And I just got curious. I sat silent as I hear his dress shoes hit his hardwood floor in his office.

"I'm sorry." I say looking at Justin who looked like he was ready to kill. 

"Zip it." He said. I still sat in his office chair still looking at him with fear.

"Justin, where were you?" I asked cocking a brow.

"Dealing with something. Why? You want to GPS my every step." Justin barked gathering papers on his desk.

"Dealing with what?" I argue back.

"Shit. Lauren. Fucking bullshit. It seems like none of this crazy bullshit began until I started talking to you again." Justin huffed.

"You think this is my fault?" I hissed.

"Well, it sure isn't mine." He said scooting his office chair out the way to open a drawer on the desk. 

"Fuck you. Okay. This doesn't have anything to do with me." I said clinching my teeth.

Justin was silent searching his drawer for something.

"Justin." I said as he still continued to look through the drawer.

"What?" He said in frustrated tone.