Chapter 4

Zach's POV

I sat there crying. I wasn't thinking about the fact that there was only three exits, or that I was surrounded either way. I didn't think about the fact that I could hear the people that were twenty feet away and coming to find me. I didn't think about that because I knew it already. Deep inside I knew it, and that wasn't important right now. What was important was the fact that I wasn't getting out and if I did, I wouldn't be alive. I know there is no way... But Cammie. I don't want to do this to her, but I don't have much of a choice anymore. I know what happened to her when her father died. If she has to go through that again it will break her.

Ten feet away. If I run out now, they will see me and there will be no escape. If I wait, they will find me.

Five feet. There is no escape.

Three feet. This is the end.

Two feet. Are those high heels?

I stayed hidden in the passageway, slowed my breathing and stayed quiet until I heard the clicking of heels against pavement stop, but the sound didn't fade. They stopped suddenly so I knew I wasn't safe. It had been two minutes and thirty five seconds and I hadn't heard anything. I slowly started walking towards the exit, but after I turned the corner I heard a voice behind me.

"Hello Zachy." The voice purred. I stopped suddenly in my tracks. I would know that voice anywhere. Not that I wanted to be able to, but that was a voice that was in my nightmares and I was hoping to never hear it again.

A/N: Shout out to jenny12briz, I am so sorry that it is so short, but I have been away all week visiting family, so I haven't had time to write. I hope this will hold you over till next week. I promise it will be longer next time. Nova, "Mr. Solomon was right- the worst kind of torture was watching someone you love get hurt." I will see you on Thursday.