Chapter 5

Zach's POV

"Hello Zachy."

"Catherine." I said with disgust in my voice.

"Is that any way to address your mother?" She said as she slowly started walking towards me.

I whipped around and spat, "You are not my mother."

"Come give your dear mother a hug, I have been away for so long." I didn't move an inch. "Wait," she started. "You didn't think I was dead, did you?"

I have thought about it. I knew that Catherine was good. I knew that she probably had an escape plan after setting off the bomb. But I was mainly just hoping that she didn't.

After a bit of silence I said, "Think? Not really. But hope? Oh yeah."

With obvious fake offence she asked, "You hoped I was dead?"

"Yes. I hoped that you were dead. I hoped that you would never come near me or Cammie again. I hoped that I would never have to see or talk to you again. And I hoped that you had gotten stuck under that building when you blew it up. Yeah, I had hoped that you were dead."

After my rant, all she did was smile, look down and quietly say, "That's okay." When she looked up, she looked me right in the eye and said, "I don't need you anymore."

That hit something. When me and Cammie were in high school, we were there only two people the circle, Catherine's group in particular, would hesitate to kill. Cammie, because she had information that they needed, and me because my mom was leading it, and I was her heir, her descendant. If that was why she wanted me alive then. Why didn't she need me now?

Before I could say anything, Catherine spoke up. "I don't need you anymore because I have another option."

"What do you mean you have another option? I'm your only child."

"Yes." She said with a small, devious smile. "But soon you will have a child."

What? Once the realization set in, my face fell and I started freaking out. "No. No. You are not going to go near my child or Cammie. If you hurt them-"

She cut me off. "I'm not going to hurt them. Well not the child at least."

"You're not going to hurt Cammie." But she's done it before, why wouldn't she do it again. "You won't touch my child." I defended.

"And what are you going to do about it? It doesn't matter, you are not going to make it out of here alive anyway." Before I could say anything she continued. "Boys." She called. Four big men walked out from around the corner behind her, and two more from behind me. Catherine raised her arm and flicked her wrist at me and said, "Kill him." like she was bored. Then turned around and walked away.

Six on one. I've done it before. But right now, emotions were clouding my judgement, I couldn't think straight. It was too much. I tried, I really did...

A/N: Once again, another short chapter and I'm sorry. There will probably only be one or two more chapters but it's not done yet! Nova, "And it all burned down." I will see you on Thursday.