~ Chapter 8: Prom

Author's POV

Time does pass by so fast. So fast that in one minute Keru and Luhan were dancing in the engagement party and the next they were already dancing at the prom.

"And ganda mo ngayon..."

"Ngayon lang?" Biro ni Keru. Luhan smiled. 

"Naka maskara ka kasi kaya maganda ka. Pag tinanggal yan...ayyy" The theme of the prom is a classic...masquerade. Everyone is required to wear masks.

"Meanie!"

***

"I didnt expect you to be my first dance..."

"Bakit sino pa bang ibang sasayaw sakin? Natural ikaw muna. You are my fiancee..."

"Tss. Marami kayang nagkaka-crush sayo." Luhan pouted. Natawa naman si Keru. He looked like a kid.

"Dont worry about them. Kanina pa tayo nagsasayaw, hindi na nila ako maagaw sayo. I'm yours."

"Your heart isnt..." Napatingin si Keru kay Luhan nun. He had a bitter smile on "I was joking Keru."

"I-i...I know..."

"May I have your attention please." Nagbukas bigla ang mga ilaw. Napatingin ang lahat sa stage. Naka-tayo dun ang master of ceremonies.

"Goodevening everyone. Is everybody enjoying the masquerade? How was the food? The short time dance, how was it? Well...im sorry for ruining the moment but it's time to announce the Prom King and Queen. And the couple of the year. And other awardees." Naghiywan ang buong kwarto.

"To make it clear...the Prom King and Queen and the other awardees is coosen by secret judges. While the couple of the year is chosen from the start of the school year until the end, by the student body itself. So...is everyone ready for the results?" Another set of shouts from the crowd

"Okay prom queen and king...Oh. Wow. Oh well...let's give a round of applause to Kim Keru and Xi Luhan" In the eyes of everyone...they certainly deserved it. Pero ang pinagtataka nila...dalawang bagay lang naman. How did the two ended up together? As they remember they were mortal enemies. Second, if Keru and Luhan is the king and queen...who is the couple of the year?

Umakyat silang dalawa sa stage. "You never fail to go up on stage and recieve something eh? Almost every event nalang Keru. Hakot ka nanaman. Stop bing so perfect once in a while." The person who was giving the awards commented.

***

Ng matapos bigyan ng award lahat ng mga awardees. Nasa likod lang sila Keru at Luhan nagkwekwentuhan.

"...Oh Sehun and...once again...Kim Keru. Hakot!"  Napatingin ang dalawa. Bkit tinawag ang pangalan ni Keru.

Tumingin si Luhan kay Keru and she seemed clueless too.

"Couple of the year please come up on stage."

*C-couple...of the year?*

Nakatulala lang si Keru sa upuan niya. She didnt know what to do. It's not like her first time. Last year's prom ay si Keru at Sehun din ang couple pero...now is different.

Walang umaakyat sa stage "Keru? Sehun?"

"Tawag ka sa stage..." Nagulat si Keru ng magsalita si Luhan. "Go...congratulations"