Difficulty

VII

My middle name was supposed to be Difficulty. I was almost sure of it, my life was full of it.

drama, drama, drama...

I couldn't help but think Prince's little speech was part real, part dramatic.
A dramatic ploy to get me to love him, so he could leave me as soon as I did. Like he done to so many others before me. I wouldn't fall victim.

I couldn't.

"Are you going to say something?"

"Like what?"

"Shit, I don't know, damn!" He said, shaking his head. "Anything! I mean at least deny that you don't want to be with him."

My heart fluttered at his demand. I knew it would make him feel better if I agreed. And if I could've I would've.

But I couldn't.
I thought about Louis everyday.

"Joy." He said, staring dead at me, an attempt to knock me out of my thoughts.

"I'm sitting here pouring my feelings out to you and all you can do is sit there and look stupid."

Remember when I was talking about difficulty and drama?

"Don't call me stupid, because you know you can't take the same insults you give out."

"I said, you look stupid...and even an insult would be better than stupid look on your face."

"Fuck you."

"Fuck you." He spat, almost as soon as I'd said it. "Going after the only thing my dad ever gave me ever is pretty damn dumb. You trying to make me hate you or something?" He said looking upside my head before gazing off. "Stupid ass." I heard him mutter.

"What you say?" My head shot up.

"Nothing." He lied, scooting a little further down the couch with wise precaution.

Rightfully so, cause I was just about to slap him again.

"You should've came home." I blurted out, before I could take it back.

I'd rather have stayed consistent and said something to the effect of, "You should've came back to 'your' condo."

"I did."

"You didn't come in."

"You didn't even give me a chance to talk it out though. Yeah, so I said I was going to be here at 9:30. So what? You didn't even sound that enthusiastic about it."

"So what am I suppose to say, 'You better be there at 9:30 on the dot' because I really want some dick.'?" I asked, taking on an sarcastic singsong voice. I looked across the couch to notice his cheeks had changed color.

"No, you didn't have to say that but you could stop acting so distant with me." He said, lapping over his lip, a developing hunger in his eyes.

"Too late then, cause I want nothing to do with your ass."

"I'm the one who should be saying that." He said, picking up anger again. "But I can't, because I can't let him have you."

"Why do you keep making this about him."

He shrugged his shoulders and sighed aloud. I watched as he let his back hit lay against the couch in a defeated thud.

Then, the room went dangerously silent for quite a while.

I tried not to look at him, but I constantly did, he was staring straight back. Every time I glanced his way.

My throat went dry when he stood.

I thought he was probably going to get all my shit to throw out the door, or worse the balcony.

As if I couldn't believe my eyes, I was shocked when he crouched down on me. Placing his legs on either side of mine.

"If you can't love me on your own, I'm going to make you love me."

"Prince..."

"Shut up." He voice was sensitive yet raspy, as he crashed his lips into mine. Making sure he kept a firm grip around my neck, so I couldn't move.

At first I kept my lips held right together, but it was impossible before long.

Tbc.

2016 ©Britt808