Chapter 3 - The Road

It's been three weeks since Alexa joined Family Force 5 as Xanadu's dance student. It has been insane, with the crowds already wanting to meet her and fangirls wanting to talk to her about the guys. Alexa had been keeping a journal of what happened every day.  

"Hey! How's life on the road?" Whitney's voice was starting to grate on Alexa's ears, since she called almost every day to ask the same thing. Alexa knew Whitney wanted details on the guys, but almost all of them had told her secrets, and Alexa wasn't about to betray that trust.  

"Everything is going great," she assured her friend. "I'm really learning a lot, much more than I ever could just going to dance class every week!" And that was true, she absolutely loved the feel of losing herself in the beats, dancing and singing along to the songs. She was starting to learn the lyrics to the most commonly played onstage ones like Cray Button and Zombie. She almost never used the guys' stage names though, preferring to call them by their birth names. She had also gotten to sit in while Derek taught guitar lessons over Skype, which was interesting, watching each student learn. Alexa had been considering taking them for awhile, but she had yet to ask.  

The girls talked for a little while, then Alexa had to hang up and help Xanadu set up the merch table and the stage for that night's show. While she was working at the merch table, Jacob came over and started helping her. Sensing he wanted to ask her something, she asked him what was up. 

"Do you ever miss your family?" He asked. "Like, you haven't been calling them much, and I was wondering." He looked slightly uncomfortable asking, and Alexa couldn't help but laugh.  

"Yeah I talk to my mom whenever I can," she replied lightly. "My dad left when I was really young, so I haven't talked to him in years. But my mom calls once in a while, and we text a lot." Jacob smiled and said OK, then left to do sound check. 

Alexa smiled and continued setting up the merch booth, listening to Solomon do sound check in a funny accent as usual.