Arrival

The wind hounded like a wild dog, brisk water clashing against the steel frame which was traced in pure white frost. The steam engine gave a roar as it tracked through the frozen ocean. She was leaving. Leaving behind all the pain and suffering of the cursed household. They begged and pleaded for her to stay. "Why?" She wondered. She knew she was not welcome there. Harsh glares all around her. She did not need that in her life. She was going to make a name for herself. A great powerful name that would overpower her current one. Her hand fluttered across the rugged line of flesh that ran down the skin under her ice blue eye. No more. She would never have to suffer again. She looked in the frosted mirror. The scar haunted her. A constant reminder she was a failure. A freak. A disgrace. She cursed her mother every day for giving her this scar. Just because she was different. It's not like her relationship choices would affect the household. She wanted to find the girl that made her feel this way, and make her pay. It was her fault. Her fault that Weiss had been branded a 'freak'. It was the girls fault Weiss realized she was not interested in men. It had been so long since it had happened that Weiss had forgotten all about the girl. Forgotten everything, but the girls existence itself. Her heart still pounded everytime she thought of the girl. One day she will find her. One day. "Foolish Weiss" she constantly told herself. She thought it was a boy. She bragged to everyone about the noble prince that had rode into her life. They all laughed. A princess who fell for another princess. Everyone had known but her. Weiss hated the girl. She had to blame someone for her suffering. It surely couldn't be her fault. Weiss was shoved out of her thoughts by the sound of a horn. She had arrived. Weiss took a breath and climbed up the metal stairs. She shielded her eyes from the beating sun. She was here at last. A place where all was accepted. Vale. Here she would start anew. The girl grinned to herself as she exited the ship. "Today's the day".