Friendship

Weiss choked on her drink. She gave a cough before looking at Ruby.
"You're only 15?! How are you in the same grade as me-?"
"Well I uh, skipped a grade." She shrugged.
"Really?!" Weiss couldn't believe it. She always thought Ruby was the same age as her, and not 2 years younger.
"I mean it's not that big of a deal."
"I guess so."
The rest of the day had passed by without any problems. Weiss eventually escorted Ruby back home, yet still refused to go inside incase Blake was still there. Once Ruby had gone inside she looked to see if anyone else was still home. She turned the corner of the hall and made her way into the living room where Yang was currently residing.
"Yo Rubes."
"Hey Yang, no Blake?" Yang shook her head.
"She left awhile ago..."
"Oooh I see. So um, are you guys like?-" Yang cut Ruby off before she could finish her sentence.
"No." She said rather sadly.
"Really? But-"
"Ruby." Yang glared at her.
"Ok, ok I won't ask anything." She sighed. "I'm gonna go to stuff..." And with that Ruby was off. The rest of the day came and went, soon it was Monday.

Ruby furrowed her brows as she bit on the tip of her pen. She had no idea what to write. She sighed in defeat as she set the writing instrument down, and closed the book. Yang poked her head into the girls room.
"Ruuuuby~" She chimed in her usual cheerful voice. "It's time for school."
"Alright." The two did their usual routine of taking the bus to school then shortly parting ways to their different classes. Ruby rolled the wheels of her chair in a rhythmic motion as she made her way to class.
"Hey there." An unfamiliar voice said. She looked over to see a dorky looking blonde boy walking next to her.
"Uh-"
"Oh, uh I'm Jaune, we kinda met the other day." He smiled awkwardly.
"Oooh hi names Ruby."
"Nice to meet you. This is kind of an odd question, but...Do you wanna maybe hang out at lunch? You see I don't really have many friends and uh-" Jaune scratched the back of his head nervously.
"Sure." Ruby shrugged. She hadn't really made any friends either so it was a relief that someone wanted to hang out with her, even if it was out of pity. Jaune's eyes sparkled.
"R-really? Well then wanna meet by the café? A friend of mine works there."
"Sounds good." Ruby smiled.