Chapter 20.

I wasn't sure where Liam had gone, whether he was still out cold or if he was just hiding away in a room. One thing was for sure though, I was so glad he wasn't around.

It was really weird but for some reason I felt... safe around Harry. Sure he'd done some pretty awful things to me but at least he was upfront about it. Liam and Colton were just liars.

I was alone downstairs and with nobody else around me I was feeling nervous, as though Liam would come out and grab me or finish what he'd started.

I was thankful when Harry showed up, dressed and ready to go. I was so ready to go out for a walk and get out of this hell hole, even if it was only for half an hour or so.

"You ready to go?" he asked, rubbing his hands together as he walked to stand by the couch. I nodded my head to say 'yes', pulling my jumper down so it covered my hips.

I followed him out, looking at his back. That was until I realised that I was accidentally looking at his ass. I looked up.

"Where are we going?" I asked, skipping slightly to walk alongside him. As soon as we got outside I let out a sigh of relief. It was warm and I could feel the sun shining on my bare legs. My legs looked awful due to no razor and a few bruises but I didn't even care. There was more for me to worry about than my legs appearance.

"There's a pond just down the hill. Lots of ducks and sun shining there, so I thought it would be nice for you to see," Harry spoke, looking down at me for a moment. He opened his mouth like he was going to say something else but closed it almost as quickly as it'd opened.

"Oh, sounds lovely," I replied, smiling a little to myself. I'd missed going out for walks and being able to simply sit out in the sun. I couldn't recall how long it had been since I'd been able to go home and watch Gossip Girl or see my cat...

"Oscar!" I called out suddenly.

Harry looked back at me in confusion so I continued to talk.

"Where the fuck is my cat Harry? My cat had better be alive still," I stated firmly. Now I wasn't a bad owner. I cared about my cat more than anything but with what I'd been through, I had other things on my mind. My safety and wellbeing for one.

Harry gave a snicker which I almost would have slapped him for if not for the obvious size difference between us and the authority he had over me.

"Sorry, just never expected that. Liam had it last. Better ask him. I think he gave it to one of your relatives or something, I don't know," He answered, slipping his hands slowly into his pockets. It was a wonder they could even fit. It's not like Harry had small hands and his pants were pretty tight for a man.

"Him," I mumbled.

"What?" Harry asked, raising an eyebrow in slight confusion towards me.

"Him. He's not an it, he's a him," I said, shrugging my shoulders as I spoke. Harry nodded, a strange look on his face before he looked ahead.

When we arrived at the pond, I sat myself down instantly on the bright green grass. It was warm and peaceful here. It was such a contrast compared to how it was in that damned house.

"It's beautiful here, isn't it? I come here often when I need to think over things, when I have a lot on my mind," Harry sat himself down beside me, retrieving something from his pocket. A packet of chewing gum. He popped a piece into his mouth and offered me a piece, which I declined.

I was going to say some smart ass comment in return but decided to keep my mouth shut. He was in a good mood and had been surprisingly nice to me and I didn't want to ruin that. It was nice being treated like a human.