Chapter 25.

Emily.

I found myself wandering around in the dark, my torch being a good idea to have grabbed. I, however, had a feeling I was getting lost. I think I might have taken a wrong turn or maybe it was just because of being in the dark that everything looked so different.

I surprisingly wasn't afraid. I normally would have been freaking out at this point, shaking in my shoes. I was relaxed. I was keeping Liam and anything else negative out of my head.

I knew I was an idiot for going back to Harry but I knew I wouldn't cope being back in civilisation. I would be alone. There was something about Harry that I liked funnily enough. He could be a sweetheart at times, while at the same time he could be a dick.

There must have been something behind his reason for taking me. Maybe he was lonely, maybe he was... I really didn't know.

I turned my body instantly when I heard a twig snap behind me. That gave me a fright.

I was surprised to find it was Colton stood in front of me. I stepped back instantly. I didn't want to see him.

"What are you doing here? If you touch me, I'll scream," I warned weakly, figuring he would only laugh at me.

But he didn't. 

Instead, he said in a gentle tone, "I'm not going to hurt you, I'm not going to touch you, but you have to know that I don't think your mother is as innocent as she played."

I frowned, looking at him curiously. "What do you mean?" I asked him.

"I believe your Mother may have been a part of this. I don't know. She was having sex with Liam earlier which Harry and I had the misfortune of seeing and it didn't appear to be forced," Colton replied apprehensively.

"That's absurd, they wouldn't- would they? No, my mum wouldn't do that. It must have been..." I started saying before I stopped. "I can't trust you, you made me think I would go home safely before bringing Liam and Harry over. You tricked me."

A look of regret came onto his face and he let out a sigh. "That is very true, I don't know why you would believe me. You have to trust me on this, though. I think your mother played a part in your Dad's death. Maybe she planned it with Liam and acted like a victim, I have no clue, but I think there may be more to her than you know," he spoke.

"I can't trust anyone. I trusted Liam and look what happened. He raped me and planned this whole thing. I trusted you and I was lied to. I can't trust anyone without being hurt and humiliated," I stated, almost a little angrily.

Quietly he began to speak again. "Harry's in the same position as you were. Liam whacked him in the head with a cricket bat, knocked him out and dragged him presumably to the basement. I know that you feel... something for him, even if you won't admit it," he paused as if to process the words in his head, "I don't know what's going to happen with him or what's going on with Anna."

I lifted my hand to my mouth and began to chew on my thumbnail as I thought. I didn't know what to do or what to believe.

I didn't want Harry to be in Liam's care and I didn't want what Colton was saying about my mother to be true. She wouldn't want my father dead, right? She loved Dad, had done ever since she was young. She wouldn't have wanted anything bad to happen to him.

"I swear to God, if you're lying to me I will hurt you," I finally gave in, ignoring how unintimidating I actually was. I could hurt somebody if I wanted to, not that I'd really ever attempted it.

I knew in my head that it was a stupid idea but really, what more could I lose? If my Mother really was with Liam and had wanted my father dead, what did I have left?

"I want to go there. I want to find out for myself. I'll- I'll arm myself with something, I guess. I want to see her," I spoke. I wanted to check on Harry as well, but I was almost too ashamed of myself to actually admit it to Colton. I was ridiculous.

He looked at me as if he might have misheard me. "You want to go back?" he asked for confirmation.

"That is what I said. I've got nothing to lose. Besides, she is my Mum. I want to know the truth, if what you're saying is correct," I answered flatly.

Colton made a noise with his tongue against the roof of his mouth. "Alright, I'll head off with you tomorrow morning. I'll take you to the cottage and we can sort out this potential suicide mission." He didn't sound too pleased with the idea but I didn't care. I was going to see them wherever they were, regardless of whether Colton would come or not.

*

An hour or so after meeting up with Colton and I was laid in a room on my own, the one I'd been told had belonged to Harry's sister Gemma. It was the house I'd been in earlier, where Harry had shared his tragic backstory. I hadn't been sure why everything was still here and tidy if Harry had his own place, but I guess he just liked it as a thinking area.

I was sat on the bed with a photo album on my rested on my crossed legs, flicking through the pages.

Colton had given me a small gun in case anyone was to come in. Anyone being Liam of course. I'd also been given a baseball bat, just in case I was too much of a wimp to use the gun which was highly likely. He had taught me briefly how to use it, which was quite simple, but I don't know how comfortable I would be using it.

A bit weird really, since I guess you'd need to be a bit more violent using a bat.

I shook myself out of the trance-like state I was getting myself into and continued to look over the photographs.

Even without knowing Gemma, judging by the photos she looked like a happy girl with a happy life. I wondered where she was now. Was she overseas? Hopefully, she was still alive at least. If Harry had lost every member of his immediate family that would be simply unfair.

I smiled at a photograph of two children playing in a sandpit who I assumed was Gemma and Harry. You couldn't mistake that grin of his, it was near impossible.

Eventually, I closed the album up and moved to crawl underneath the blankets, switching the light off to leave me in the dark.

I felt nervous about tomorrow. What was going to happen? Was Colton being honest? Would they still be there? Would Harry be safe?

Would I even still be alive by the end of the day?

I let out a long, slow breath to calm my nerves and closed my eyes. I just had to hope things would go in my favour and not chicken out of this.

I deserved to have things go my way after all the crap I'd been through.

----------

Here's an update, as you can most likely tell.

I hope you enjoyed it. I know these haven't been as long lately but I have got ideas of what I want to happen so they will come all in good time.

I hope you enjoyed the chapter and could maybe give your opinion on maybe your favourite characters, ones you dislike or just your input.

I like reading the comments you guys give :).

Thanks for reading!