T H I R T E E N

Will rolled down the windows again and my hair was flying everywhere. The sound of the wind, as we zoomed past the other cars, gave me an exhilarating feeling.

When we reached the destination, I knew exactly where we were. Will took me to the beach. I'll admit, it looked so beautiful at night. After parking the car, he looked over at me and smiled, "Let's go!"

We both got out of the car and stepped into the sand. Will ran over to me and grabbed both of my hands, pulling me closer to the water. I laughed and screamed, but he stopped at the shore. Still hand in hand, he spun me around like we were dancing. I laughed and unexpectedly jumped on top of his back. He fell down into the sand and we both laughed hysterically. We stayed laying down on the sand, on our backs, gazing up at the millions of stars.

He broke the silence by speaking in his comforting deep voice, "There were lots of people coming up to me today and asking about you." I turned towards him to see him staring up at the sky, "What'd you tell them?" He looked at me, smiling, "I told them it was none of their business to know what when on between me and you." I grinned at him, "You're so great."

It was quiet again. Only the relaxing sound of the waves crashing onto the shore could be heard. I decided now was a perfect time to do this. I stared at the night sky as I spilled my heart out, "I was afraid to talk to you at first. I thought that you were too good for me. I thought I'd never stand a chance with you. I was afraid of starting a conversation with you. I was afraid to look into your eyes. I was afraid to ask you questions. I was afraid of you. But now my entire perspective of you has changed. You are all I ever think about now." I turned towards him and let out a sigh of relief, it felt so good to say that.

He turned to face me and there was a soft and understanding smile on his face. He said quietly, "You make me a better me. I don't know what I'd do with you, seriously." He looked so stunning in this moonlight.

It was as if time had slowed down, just for us. Will reached out to pull me close and our lips were sealed together. My head was spinning and I loved it. I couldn't imagine my first kiss being any better.

When we pulled away, he brought me into his arms and we layed there together in comfortable silence. We stayed that way for five more minutes until it started getting late and we had to head back because we had school the next day.

It was almost midnight when we arrived at my house. Will stepped out of his car to walk to me the door. He looked at me with a big smile, "I wish I could stay here with you, but I better get back before my parents notice I'm gone." I gave him one last big hug, wrapping my arms around his long torso, "I'll see you tomorrow then." Will gave me a squeeze and started for his car and I watched him as he left me. I already missed him.

I eventually walked inside my house, trying not to make a sound. Everyone was asleep and all the lights were off as I made my way to my room. It was late, but it was also the best night of my life thus far.

---
I am genuinely SO sorry for not posting in like months, I just wasn't feeling inspired to write. But now that I have some motivation, you can expect a new chapter every other day! I love you guys. Also, good luck to anyone starting school soon! 👍❤