ch.6

Mari's p.o.v:

As I went down to my room, I was hit with a feeling. A feeling that wasn't bad, but not good either. I open my door slowly, and see Rose. She was floating. A light pink glow surrounding her. I touch her hand, and a memory surfaces. 

As the child ran into the arms. She looked back at her mother scared. I wrapped my arms and started to speak. " I swear on my soul to protect her from any harm that would come her way. One day she will be returned to you. When that day comes, she will become queen of-" I was interrupted by a by a bang outside. The mother runs away, and I help the girl put on her coat. I guide her to my brothers room. I pick him up and help him on his boots and jacket. I hold him as I look for the passage way. I find it, and move the picture frame. I let the little girl go first, then my brother.  I get in and put the picture back over the hole. We crawl all the way through until I see the exit. 

The exit was wide enough for me to slip in front of them. I look down, and see the crystal blue frozen water. I look up and see the blood red sky. This war was terrible. I turn around, and motion them to come to me. As they crawl towards me, a gun goes off. I shove her and put my hand out. Pain shoots through my hand, and I hear a scream behind me. I look and see my brother hanging on to the edge. I grab the girl and put her against my chest. I back up, and fall. My brother falls after me, and I catch him. I hold them both close and my back hits the ice. We fall through, but I keep their mouths above water. 

I find the edge of the forest and I pull us out. I take off my coat and  squeeze the water out of it. It dries rather quickly. I do the same to their coats and help them put the coats back on. I wrap my coat around them and pick them up. As I walk through the forest, the snow starts to fall. I look at my hand and see that the bleeding had stopped. I pick up the pace as the snow falls on my bare shoulders. 

I'm snapped back to reality and Rose is already staring up at me. I back away, not knowing how she will react. I back out of the room, and she starts to get up. I turn and walk to the library room. I look through all the books. Books start to fall around me as I look for the one book. I find it and open the pages. The book is snatched out of my hand, and Rose is looking me straight in the eyes." How does the story end Mari? Tell me how does it end please." I look at her, tears in my eyes, and say 

I can't