Darkness Rises

The extinction of the human race is frowned upon. To me and my pack you are nothing but scared of our existence. The reason I hate is for those humans who ripped everything that I held dear out my claws.

My Family

My lover

All ripped away from me because of an appearance that is said to make eyes bleed and the brain to melt. We are the fate bringers. We are PHOLIPHIOUS !
______________________________________

On a bright summers day in a vast forest that stretched from one side of the island to the another. A blackish gray beast combed the forest floor. As it sniffed the ground its fur that dangled down the side of its head hit the ground. Its stagnant flat ears twitched at the slightest of noise. It began to stretch its metal claws looking around for the source of the rustling. A cub came tumbling out of the bushes. Looking like the mother but it had no fur dangling by the sides of its head. Instead of the mothers silver eyes the cub had purple eyes. It's claws were stubby and not nearly as sharp as the mother's. The gauntlet like claws that the mother had to rip a tree down in seconds. The bent like fingers but looked like knives. The armor that encircled the front legs helped to keep the claws from getting injured and crowned along the forarm. The cub didn't look nearly as fierce as the giant mother.

The mother emitted a shrieking noise at the cub who had scared her. The cub made a distressed growl in response. "What did I tell you about following me while I am out looking for food!" The mother beast growled. The cub chirped "Not to because the Skin Beings will kidnap me" The cub groaned. "Now go back to the den!" She spat. "But what if the Skin Beings are friendly I want to have Skin friends." He chirped bouncing his rump along the dirt while his tail wagged dusting the ground.

The mother narrowed her eyes glaring down at the cub. "Go back...to...the den." She hissed firmly. The cub frowned making his way to the den. He frowned as he settled himself inside his rock and straw bed. The gem in his head glowed bright as the sun started to go down.

Years passed the cub was now a young beast. Still quite energetic and still just as curious. He would sneak out to see the tribe children play with their wooden and straw toys. As he watched from a distance he couldn't help but want to join them and play games with them.

His mom would always find him sneaking out and scold him for endangering himself. Did he listen. Heavens no. Each day he watch the children play games with their toys. Regardless of whether he'd be punished or not.

On a sunny afternoon he ran through the field that his den from the tribe. He wandered into the forest looking for his spot to look at the children play. Today was different though. He wanted to ask them if he could play with them. He sat and what had silently for a bit then he approached them. "Hello" he said nervously. It came out like a meow along with a groan. The children looked up from there toys with wide eyes they cried at the beast, dropping their toys and running through the tall grass. The beast sat dumbfounded. He asked himself why they fled. Crying himself.

A shadow emerged slowly overcasting with darkness. The beast opened his eyes in horror. His eyes were met with the tip of a spear and a sword. The spear was swung and hit the bridge of his nose along his muzzle knocking him head first into a tree.

Darkness surrounded him.

A sudden roar awoken him. His mother was fighting the spear men. He lifted his head slightly blood clouded his vision as it trickled down his muzzle and into his purple vision. His mother had pinned one of the spearmen to the ground. The bloodshed he witnessed as she ripped each one to shreds filled his heart with warmth and his fur rippled with buzzes of goosebumps. From his tail to his ears.

His mother was dripping in the red frosting of the spearmen. As she turned to face another spearmen a swordsman when behind her. Before the small beast tried to lunge himself to stop the swordsmen. But his body was frail and weak from his head getting smashed by the blow of the spear.

Her dark red blood splattered on the spearmen infront of her. She whimpered and the hissed as she went limp. The small beast cried seeing his kin be killed. The crying turned to rage as a surge of adrenaline surged through the small beast.

The spearmen chuckled at the small runt. The chuckling turned to gurgling as the small beasts dug his razor claws into his neck. He gutted the remaining spearmen and swordsmen one by one each death becoming more gruesome than the last. The last swordsmen the one who killed his mother was pinned to the ground by his wrists. The beasts claws removing his hands from his wrists. He growled. "I'm not the monster, you are!" before slicing him from his neck to his stomach, stretching and ripping his organs into bits and chunks.

He stepped off his victim, painted red. His once dark fur was stained with dark red blood. He tried catching his breath after what he had done. He stood by his mother rubbing by her side. The blood wiped onto her fur staining it. After mourning her last he decided to fine a river to wash his fur of the human blood. He stepped back and looked into the red water at his blood matted fur and scruffled face and blood caked claws.

"Maybe I am the monster."

Then there was a growl in his mind.

"No...they are!"