Chapter 24

[Zayn's POV]

I am very confused. I didn't know exactly how I felt about that meeting with the representative from Modest. But what confused me the most were those feelings I got yesterday when Justin Bieber hung out with us for the day. I was extremely uncomfortable with him, despite having met him once or twice before.

And what bothered me the most was the way he was so touchy with Niall. Casual and easy, and it just really got to me. And then I also found myself wondering why it should bother me. It's not like he wasn't allowed to touch Niall. If I didn't know better, I would say I sounded like a jealous boyfriend. But I'm not his boyfriend. And, yeah, maybe I'm jealous.

It got to a point where I couldn't stand being in the same room as them, watching them, that I had to leave. And I was shortly joined by Louis (by shortly I really meant like an hour or so later), with whom I had an in-depth conversation about how he really didn't like how Liam teamed up with Harry or something along those lines (it was all fairly confusing). I was (admittedly) a little scared of this angry Louis who was ranting and spewing incomprehensible words on how (and I quote) Liam was so not getting laid tonight, and how he'll make Liam pay.

But that aside, I have to sort these earlier mentioned feelings out cause they're getting pretty out of hand. The meeting with the rep from Modest left me slightly aghast, like if I couldn't properly handle half a day with Justin, how am I supposed to deal with full-day excursions and hangouts? I'm just really glad it's not mandatory for all of us to appear in public with him. Though something about the idea of Niall and Justin being constantly together makes my heart clench uneasily. Why is that so?

***

[Niall's POV]

Today. Today we're going to make a public appearance with Justin. Or, well, as Modest has put it, we're 'making ourselves look associated with Bieber because it makes good press'. Wonderful. And, to strategically make it seem like a regular (and casual) hangout, Modest has decided that we (as in Harry, Liam and I) get a couple of friends along our trip to downtown London.

Naturally, Harry has decided to take Lizzy along, and Louis is practically attached to the hip with Liam, though he did decide to ask Andy (whom I personally think is a dick) along. I, on the other hand, have requested the presence of Daniel and Josh (I'm on a match-making mission here, yo). Strangely enough, Zayn wouldn't come. He'd said he has other things to do, and was 'busy', which I highly doubt he was.

His strange behaviour lately has been getting to me, but I refused to let it show. He doesn't talk to me, and he doesn't make an effort to be social. Does this have anything to do with his break up with Perrie? I hope not, cause from what he'd told me, it was a mutual decision. But then again he hasn't exactly been very forthcoming with the truth lately, so maybe it wasn't exactly a mutual decision but rather, a messy break up. Who knows?

“Niall!!” Liam shouted for me.

“Yeah?” I shouted back. It's a big house, we really can't be blamed.

“Are you ready yet? We're all waiting for you!”

“Coming!” I said as I sprayed the final puff of cologne on and grabbed my wallet and phone before sprinting down the stairs.

I was met by Liam, Louis and Harry, who were dressed in semi-casual wear, ready for the autumn weather (in our case it basically meant having an umbrella at hand for you never know when it was gonna rain) (oh, and not forgetting sweaters).

“Daniel's meeting us there with Liz and Justin. I think they might already be there,” Harry said, reading off his phone.

I checked my phone, and sure enough, there was a text from Daniel saying he's got himself coffee at a Starbucks while waiting for us to get our 'popstar asses there'.