Chapter 3: Wanted: Babysitter

Kabuto opened the door and looked around. He looked down and saw the pink haired baby looking up at him with her green orbs. "Um. Orochimaru-sama, why is there a baby in the Akatsuki hideout?" Kabuto asked. "Let her in. That'sssss Zetsu's daughter." Orochimaru said. Kabuto stared at Sakura with Sakura staring back at him. Kabuto's glasses broke, unable to take in the new information.

Sakura crawled around Orochimaru's lab giggling with Kabuto staring at her. "Orochimaru-sama, are you sure this is Zetsu-san's daughter? I don't see the venus fly trap or the weird skin color on her." Kabuto asked, catching Sakura as tried climbing a desk. "And she smells bad." "Change her diaper. I'm sure Hidan-kun jussst dipped Sssakura-chan into a toilet bowl to clean her bottom." Orochimaru said, sighing as he observed his little specimen. Namely an eyeball.

Kabuto did as he was told. He put Sakura on the table and started changing her diaper. Sakura kicked around happily as Kabuto changed her diaper. Kabuto let Sakura go. He turned around and threw the diaper into a nearby bin. The moment he turned around, he saw Sakura's hand squeezing the eyeball that Orochimaru was examining. "K-kabuto-kun." Orochimaru called, twitching as Sakura gave him a bubbly smile.

Kabuto sighed and made Sakura let go of the eyeball. He sent healing chakra and soon, the eyeball was restored to it's original state. Sakura stared at Kabuto's hand, mesmerized at the green hue she saw. "Dah!" She shouted, taking a hold of Kabuto's hand and putting it on her cute face. "Gabuh!" she shouted, staring at his hand. "Maybe Sssakura-chan likes medical ninjutsu." Orochimaru said, putting his specimen back to where it belonged.

"Is that right, Sakura-chan?" Kabuto asked, carrying Sakura. "Buh!" Sakura gave him a bubbly smile. "But Sakura-chan can't even throw a descent kunai yet." Kabuto smiling. "Gabuh." Sakura gave Kabuto a pout, making Orochimaru laugh. "He'sss right, Sakura-chan."

Kabuto put Sakura down. Sakura went straight to the door and started hitting the door with her little chubby hands. "Kabuto, look after Sssakura-chan, I think she wantsss to go out." Orochimaru said. "Hai, Orochimaru-sama." With that, Kabuto opened the door, Sakura immediately walked across the corridor and came to a stop in front of a door. "Gabuh! Bah!" Sakura shouted, hitting the door.

Kabuto watched from afar. The door opened only to reveal the red head. "What are you doing here, brat?" Sasori asked. Sakura squeezed herself between Sasori's legs and went inside his room. 'I'm sure she'll be fine.' Kabuto thought, walking away.

"Dah!" Sakura shouted, sitting on her behind and reaching for Sasori's work place the moment she saw a wooden arm hanging from the table. Sasori sighed and closed the door. He sat on the chair and continued his work. Sakura tugged on Sasori's pants, gaining his attention.

"Dah!" Sasori ignored this and continued his work. "Gabuh!" Sasori ignored her again. Baby Sakura had enough and climbed her way up Sasori's chair, gaining herself an amused look from Sasori. Baby Sakura let out a victorious huff as she settled herself on Sasori's lap. "Bah!" Sasori put his tool aside. Sasori sent chakra strings towards his puppet to test its joints. Sasori took notice of Sakura's silence. He looked at Sakura and saw her staring at the puppet in amazement.

He sent the puppet's hand to pat Sakura's head. "Gabuh." Sakura said, staring at the puppet with a smile on her face. Sasori put down the puppet, grabbed the oil and oiled the puppet's leg. The night peacefully went by with Sakura falling asleep on Sasori's lap with Sasori adding details to his new puppet.

Sasori sighed and gently picked Sakura up, preventing from waking her. He went for his bed and lied baby Sakura. Sasori pulled the blanket over her before going back to his desk.

A week has passed since Kakuzu and Hidan brought a baby to the hideout. Zetsu stood in front of Pein's table, awaiting his order. "I think a baby is a little bit too much for the Akatsuki." Pein started. "That's why I want you to trace Sakura's mother's whereabouts. You have three days to finish the mission. Come back as soon as you do and report to me immediately." "Yes." With that, Zetsu bowed and left with Pein's permission.

"Has anyone seen Konan-san or anyone capable of taking care of Sakura-chan? Except Hidan and if possible Orochimaru." Zetsu asked as his sight sets on Juzo, Tobi and Kakuzu. "Tobi will take care of Sakura-chan! Tobi is a good boy!" Tobi raised his hand in participation, only to be ignored by Zetsu. "Konan and Sasori went on a mission." Kakuzu answered. "Tobi needs to go to a mission too. Hidan-senpai, as usual is doing his ritual." Tobi said.

"In an hour, I'll have to go on a mission to pick up my new partner." Juzo said. "Tobi is excited to meet Juzo-senpai's new partner!" With that, Zetsu, Tobi and Juzo stared at Kakuzu all at the same time. Kakuzu abruptly stood and tried to walk out of the room but was blocked by the said three. "F**k." Kakuzu muttered under his breath.

To Be Continued...