Chapter 7: Egg Day

"Well, any news about her mom?" Sasori asked. Zetsu sighed and shook his head. "I don't even know what the f**k she looks like." Zetsu stated in annoyance. "Maybe she has pink hair?" Orochimaru asked. "And emerald eyes." Kakuzu said. "Tobi thinks she has a normal skin color." "She's definitely not green." Sasori stated. "And she f**king doesn't have that Venus fly trap." Hidan said. "You f**kers." Zetsu stated in annoyance as Sakura let out a heartfelt giggle.

An hour later the Akatsuki met up in the living room. Konan arrived half an hour ago. Zetsu held Sakura in place as she sat diligently on Zetsu's lap. Pein stood in front with the new member beside him. "Everyone. This is Uchiha Itachi. The new member of the Akatsuki and Juzo's official partner. Show him your utmost behavior for as long as you possibly can. At least try." Pein eyed Hidan the moment he came upon the word try. "You f**ker." Hidan muttered under his breath.

Zetsu raised an eyebrow the moment he felt Sakura quivering. "Sakura-chan, what's wrong?" Zetsu gently asked. "G-gabuh." Sakura said, showing Zetsu a teary look. "Wait, why are you crying? It wasn't my fault, was it?"

"Tobi knows! Tobi knows! It's because Sakura-chan is afraid of Itachi-senpai!" Tobi shouted, letting everyone know. "There's no need to be afraid of Itachi-san. I think he only looks cold." Juzo stated. "B-buh." Sakura said, hugging Zetsu. "Alright, let's give Sakura and Itachi a day for themselves." Pein suddenly​ stated. Everyone looked at Pein with questioning eyes. "Eh?"

An hour later, Sakura sat on Itachi's bed, as far away as possible. Itachi simply sat on another corner and stared at her. His ear twitched the moment he heard a rumble. Sakura flinched the moment Itachi suddenly stood. He walked towards her bag and made a bottle of milk.

Itachi walked towards Sakura, his eyes widened the moment Sakura started crying. "W-wait." Itachi said, sweat dropping. 'I think her eye just turned yellow.' Itachi thought.

Just then, a series of quick steps were heard. "Itachi-san, protect Sakura. We're under attack." Juzo hurriedly said. 'Did she realize we were under attack? I have to keep an eye on her.' "Hn. Sakura, come here, I'll protect you." Itachi said, sitting down on his bed and opening his arms for Sakura. "B-bah!" Sakura hurriedly crawled towards Itachi's arms. "Buh!" Sakura said, burying her face in Itachi's chest as explosions were heard.

Itachi gave a small ghost smile as he gently patted Sakura's head. Itachi hummed in a soft tune, making Sakura focus only on his voice. Soon, Sakura's eyes slowly drifted and she succumbed into the welcoming arms of sleep.

Sakura awoke 2 hours later. Only to find herself sleeping in the sleeping Itachi's arms. "Gabuh." Sakura softly said, sighing as she scooted closer to Itachi, going back to sleep. Itachi's eyes fluttered open with a soft smile on his face. 'She reminds me of Sasuke.' Itachi solemnly thought, gently tightening his hold around Sakura. "At least you, I can protect." Itachi whispered, letting a tear escape his eye.

"Gabuh?" Sakura tiredly said, wiping the tear off Itachi's face. Itachi's eyes widened at her action. "Sakura." Itachi softly said as Sakura gave him a hug and fell asleep. "You're such a lovable child, aren't you?" With that, Itachi returned to his slumber.

That night Itachi walked towards the kitchen with Sakura in his arms drinking her milk. "Sakura-chan! Tobi made dinner! Tobi is a good boy! Here have a try, Sakura-chan!" Tobi shouted, grabbing a teaspoon containing a black blob.

Itachi twitched and pulled Sakura away from Tobi. He hit Tobi over the head with a look that could kill. "Tobi is sorry! Tobi is sorry!" Tobi said, sitting in a corner and rubbing the bump on his head.

Itachi simply glared at Tobi before sighing. "I'll teach you." Itachi monotonously stated before settling Sakura on her high chair. Tobi looked up at Itachi from his crouching position with a tear stained mask. "Teach?" Tobi asked. "I'll teach you how to cook." Itachi stated, lightening up Tobi's mood instantly. "We'll start with fried eggs." Itachi stated.

An hour later, Tobi awkwardly stared at Itachi's still cooking figure and the eggs on the floor. "Um, Itachi-senpai, I think it's Tobi's turn?" Tobi nicely asked. "I have to make perfect fried eggs before teaching you." Itachi stated, continuing his work.

Juzo strolled in but stopped mid step the moment his gaze fell upon the room full of Sunnyside ups. "Somebody! Take away that man from the stove and the eggs!" Juzo shouted with a horrified face. A few moments later, Kakuzu, Hidan, Juzo, Sasori, and Kabuto ran to the kitchen and tackled Itachi down, tying him up in a corner with chakra ropes. "Do you know how much money you wasted?!" Kakuzu continued to scold the somehow-guilty-looking Itachi. Sakura simply giggled happily in her high chair as she stared at the group.

To Be Continued...