Chapter 11

Beyoncé's POV

I woke up the next morning, tired. I felt as if I had just worked the longest shift of my life, and still had more work to do. It was physical tiredness. It was emotional drainage. I sighed as I rubbed my eyes and looked down to see Shawn sleeping peacefully. His face was buried in my stomach and his arm was positioned around my waist. It was like he didn't want me to move. I watched him a little more while stroking his face gently. He didn't budge.

"Shawn," I said, hoping to wake him up. I needed to be going to work, and I didn't know if he would be going to work or not.

"Hmm?" He asked after a while.

"I need to get ready for work."

"You're actually going?" Shawn sat up and looked me in the eyes. I slowly nodded my head and began removing myself from the couch.

"I took Monday off, remember?"

"Right."

I sighed as I walked into my bedroom. I checked my phone and saw that it was six o'clock. I was running late. I wasn't going to have time to do a normal routine.

I sighed before simply hoping in the shower. I couldn't help but notice that Shawn was watching me. I didn't mind, honestly. As long as he watched and didn't touch. I didn't need to be any later than I already was.

"Your phone's ringing," he announced when I was looking for clothes to wear.

"Who is it?"

"Your mother," he said after awhile.

"This early?" I asked quickly. I don't know why, but my heart started racing. It was as if I was preparing myself for the worst. My mother never called this early in the morning. Hell, she was rarely woke before seven.

"Mama?" I answered.

"Yes, baby girl. How are you?"

"Is everything okay, Mama. Are you okay?"

She laughed softly. "I'm fine, baby. I just wanted to book you before anyone else."

"Book me?"

"For lunch."

I let out a deep breath. She called for a lunch date. I clearly watch too much TV, because I could write a book on all the scenarios I had in my head.

"That's fine. Where?"

"Your favorite diner, of course."

I instantly got happy. My favorite diner was Big Daddy's. Mama used to take me there when I was a young girl.

"Alright. I'll see you then, Mama."

"Alright beautiful. I love you."

"Love you too."

I hung up and went back to getting dressed. Shawn was sitting on the end of my bed when I grabbed my jacket.

"Kiss," he instructed as he pulled me in between his open legs. I smirked and planted a kiss on his lips.

"What are you gonna do today?"

"Look for a place so I can get out of your hair."

"First, sleep in here and get some rest." I looked over to my key ring and took off the house key.

"How will you get home?" He asked.

"I'll pray you'll be back before me, but since I'm seeing my mother, I'll just get hers."

"She'll ask questions."

"And I'll lie. Now. I have to go."

I put my shoes on, grabbed my purse, and left the house. I mentally prepared myself for work today on the way to the school. I had to remember classes and remember homework. Yesterday honestly threw me off.