Misunderstandings Between Mates

Goku relaxed against his mate under the warm rays of the planet's star after a particularly large saiyan dinner. At this moment, if he could the beta would be purring in pleasure.

Vegeta was such a thoughtful dominant. The alpha had gathered up enough food for a wonderful picnic, and the pair was alone on the shore of the strange sea. The prince had even brought an extra blanket so Goku could wrap up in if he got too chilly.

Once the beta was settled, Vegeta proceeded to pamper his healing mate.

The only thing that was hindering the wonderful experience was the pain that was coming from the submissive's back. With the massive amounts of scars, Goku was having a hard time staying comfortable no matter what position he shifted into.

As he shifted again, the beta felt a couple of his muscles in his back seize up, and he had to strangle the whine that attempted to come out of his mouth. He didn't want to ruin their time together worrying Vegeta. Unfortunately, he wasn't able to hide his pain completely from the observant alpha he was leaning against.

"Karo, are you alright?" Vegeta's raspy voice made the younger saiyan nod, but he didn't look convinced. He gently moved the submissive's face so he could look at him.

"Karo, if you hurt please tell me." Vegeta said sitting up and looking over his mate. Goku looked down not wanting to meet the prince's intent gaze. "Is it your tail?" The beta shook his head and rolled to avoid Vegeta's gaze only to have to stop another whine when his back muscles seized again.

"I knew it." The alpha growled a bit as he lovingly nuzzled the younger man. "Karo, you can't keep hiding if you're in pain. We can't help you heal if you keep doing that. Its your back, isn't it?" With a reluctant sigh, he nodded.

"With the damage that iblis did to you I'm not surprised, love." The prince said easing the beta onto his stomach. "I know you're a little uncomfortable with us touching your back, but I brought something that might help you feel better." Goku glanced back over his shoulder with a raised eyebrow.

"After we checked your scans, your father and I saw how deep the scars went. I put together an ointment Nappa, Raditz, and I used to use. It should help your muscles relax and to soften up the scar tissue." The alpha held up a small jar of light green cream. "Would you like me to put some on?"

The submissive bit his lip as he watched Vegeta patiently wait for his response. Slowly, Goku agreed and allowed the older saiyan to take his shirt off. He could almost feel those silver eyes rake over his back like a physical touch, and the beta had to resist the urge to squirm under those eyes.

Vegeta moved to straddle his mate's hips as he pulled off his gloves. After he arranged Goku's arms to fold under his chin, he dipped his fingers into the ointment. Thinking it would be easier on the submissive to start on his shoulders rather than his lower back, the alpha reached out.

A combination of peppermint and spearmint scent was his only warning before the cool cream touched his shoulder. The unexpected touch made Goku flinch a little, but the deep purr from behind him had him relaxing.

"Sorry, Karo. I should have warned you." The prince gently dug his fingertips into the stiff tissue as they massaged the cream into the beta's skin. Seeing the ropes of discolored skin made his blood boil in rage, but he kept his temper in check as he worked a rather stubborn knot out of the back of Goku's neck.

Almost immediately, the younger man seemed to melt a bit, and a relieved sigh came out. Dark eyes closed in bliss as Kakarot felt the spasms in his shoulders stop under his mate's hands. He had forgotten just how good of a massage Vegeta could give, and the longer this went on, the more comfortable he felt with the alpha.