iii : His Mission

A/N: I can't help but think that this picture is just very perfect for this part of story! Now, enjoy reading!

Another day to live. You're getting ready to go to the Triskelion to work. You didn't get enough sleep last night. Fury's assasination made you got more job to do. As you're opening the door of your small apartment, you saw what you didn't expect to see. The guy with bionic metal arm were standing about 1 meter away in front of you, as if as he's been waiting there for the whole time just for you. Or maybe he was.

Suddenly your neighbor next door, Mrs. Barclay, came from the stairs and asked, "(y/n)? Who's that together with you?"

You turned your head to her and yelled, "Get out from here! Get back and--" You didn't even get the chance to finish your sentence. The Winter Soldier shot your neighbor right through her chest.

You wanted to call for help, but there was no way for you to do that as he took you to a deep sleep. Don't worry, you didn't die. At least, not yet.

~xXx~

You woke up with a blurry vision in your bedroom. You're lying on your bed with pillow on your head and a sheet of blanket coating you. Confused, you started to take a look at things around you. You couldn't see him clearly at first, but soon you realized it was him who's sitting on the other end of the bed and he hadn't realize that you're awake.

"What did you do and why?" Was the first thing you said after you're awake.

You moved your body position and took a nice seat. The Winter Soldier turned his face at you and stared at you for a while before he turned his face away from you and said, "She's in my way. If she didn't show up, I wouldn't have killed her."

"That doesn't mean what you did is right. What were you doing in front of my apartment anyway? Why did you show up?" You asked again.

"I'm in a mission to kill you as you're a secret agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. in the first place and then you saw me when I killed Nick Fury so I have to kill you today. But," he said in a low voice, "I think I'll let you go this time.".

Your felt like your heart've just skip a beat. You confusely asked, " Why? Why won't you kill me? You lie to me. There's no way you would do that!"

He shook his head, signing that he wasn't lying by the time. He looked at you straight into your (e/c) eyes, "You're a nice person. I started to follow you as soon as I got the order. I had to follow you every single day and watch you live your life just for trying to take a secret information of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the Avengers that's suspected to be held by you until yesterday they ordered me to assasinate the baldy head." He paused, "So, please. Get away from here, take cover and don't tell anybody about this. Once I leave this place, don't ever try to meet me again. I'll most probably lose my memory and forget about you. I don't want to hurt you."

You listened to him carefully. You know that you're not even supposed to talk to him. But the fact he seemed to be calm, yet very down and sad and gloomy... It moved your feeling, making you forgot about him killing Mrs. Barclay.

"What happened? Who did this to you? Why? You don't seem to be happy being like ... this. Being ordered to do this and that. There's something off, something wrong. I know." You looked at him softly, caringly, like a mother talking to her son.

"I can't tell you about that." He said, "I know you want to help me but if you know, you will be hurted by them. And I don't want that to happen. So ... if I may, I should be going now." He left your bedroom but didn't close the door and it exposed the scene of him leaving your apartment unit. He closed the unit door, leaving you alone in the apartment.

~xXx~

After a moment of thought, you went to your wardrobe and took a (f/c) jacket & a cap for your disguise. You then walked out of your apartment room by the window in order not to get caught in a situation where the cops come in and interrogate you for nothing.

You went to New York, to the Avengers Tower, with your motorcycle you had prepared in case you had to run and didn't get anytime to take the car from the parking. You planned to tell the Avengers what happened. At least someone gotta know this even if it's only one person. You thought probably Steve or Natasha is the perfect person to know, so you decided to meet them.

A/N: And that's for today. That picture above, I keep on thinking about Bucky speak the dialogues in this part with that kind of expression. I don't know why but I really - really like thinking about that. By the way, I keep my promise right? It's longer and there's Bucky here. I don't know whether you find this interesting or not but personally, for me, this is more interesting than the one before. Well then anyway, see ya later!

-Eliora