v : The Broken Moment

After what's likely to be four and a half hour ride from the Avengers Tower to Washington, you finally parked your motorcycle at the Smithsonian Museum still with your disguise on. You went there to find out more about Captain America in his own exhibit as you haven't been there yet by that time. You supposed to go back to work in Triskelion but you feel like you didn't want to. The people there will notice you real quick and ask about why you're late and they will soon find out about you and the assassin.

In the museum you read about Captain America himself and the howling commandos. You enjoyed reading them, from there you get to know about Steve's life even more further a little bit than before. But the howling commandos, you hardly ever heard of them. The unrecognized Bucky Barnes and his friends.

After spending much of your time at the museum, you bought a fast food and a drink. They're not much but enough for you to eat today. You ate and drank them before you got to a hotel, parked your motorcycle, and you got in and sleep in the room you had just requested.

~xXx~

The next morning you woke up around 10 AM, not as early as you usually do, you took a nice shower and since you didn't have any other clothes to put on, you used the same outfit you wore the day before. You dried up your (h/c) wet hair before your phone rang. It was Sharon calling you, she got your phone number ever since she became your co-worker. You answered the call "Carter?"

"(l/n) you know what I'm going to say." You sighed and she continued her call "What are you doing? You haven't come back since yesterday and you didn't call anybody. Do you even know that Captain Rogers and Ms. Romanoff are hunted?" You knew this would happen anyway and you didn't want her to know about what happened yet. At least not before Steve or Nat know about this. You thought it's better to not to talk about this to anyone before you get even more further information about what happened.

"Yes, I know about that and I'm sorry Carter. I can't tell you about it right now but I'm okay and you don't need to worry about me because everything's alright. Call you later." You hung up the phone and ended the small conversation . You then checked out of the hotel and went to find some late breakfast. You bought a sandwich to eat and a cup of coffee to drink late in the morning. After done with your late breakfast, you walked around the street and ended up in a park. There you sat in a bench just to feel the breeze, hear the small birds chirp, and the leaves blown softly. It was a really nice and relaxing moment before suddenly the moment was broken by the voice of people screaming and the sight of them running away from the same direction. Your sense of curiosity made your feet take you there instead of running, avoiding the danger. You hid from behind a car to another car and watched the scene from afar.

There was Natasha fighting over the Winter Soldier in your surprise. Just right when the Winter Soldier was about to finish Natasha, Steve rushed to rescue her. The boys started they fight, the Winter Soldier tried to use his guns to shoot Steve though it's not possible because of the Captain America shield Steve was holding on blocking all the bullets before they finally engaged in hand-to-hand combat battle. Steve loosened his grip on the battle before finally got back to end the battle. Steve damaged the Soldier's prosthetic arm with his shield and forced the Winter Soldier's mask to come off with a powerful throw. To come into both you and Steve's surprise, it was Bucky, Steve's dearest best friend from WWII who has been the Winter Soldier all this time. But it was impossible such a thing could happen, wasn't it? Bucky Barnes supposed to be already dead since 70 years ago. You noticed his face from his picture yesterday, I mean you just came back from going to the exhibit the yesterday, of course you remembered.

"Bucky?" Steve couldn't believe what he saw and asked to make sure that indeed Bucky was the one in front of him.

"Who the hell is Bucky?" Then he aimed for Steve with his gun right before a man in a flying suit flies in and throw Bucky. After a moment pausing, Bucky aimed at Steve again. Natasha saved Steve by firing the underbarrel grenade launcher on the M4A1 carbine Bucky had dropped.