Chapter 2

“And the winner for Best New Artist is... Fifth Element!” Cameron Diaz and Will Smith presented the award.

The five of you hugged before heading up the aisle with huge smiles plastered on your faces. Harry stopped you to whisper in your ear, “Congrats! I can’t believe you beat us!”

You were completely speechless. The only reaction you could muster was a smile. He winked and you hurried onstage.

Alex accepted the award and spoke first. “Thank you guys so much! This is our first time receiving something so big and memorable!”

Alex passed the cute, glass trophy to Casey, who leaned over to the microphone and said, “Yeah! We’re barley starting in this business and look what we are holding in our hands- a Video Music Award!!”

Casey passed you the award and you said, “Thank you all so much! We couldn’t have made it this far without you guys!”

Everyone cheered, but you weren’t finished.

“We’d like to thank our beloved family for supporting us, management for signing us, and of course, our incredible fans who voted for us! But most of all, God, who always blesses us!”

The crowd went wild with your little speech.

Backstage, you quickly celebrated your triumph with your band members in a fit of squeals and jumping. It was cut short when someone with a Bluetooth came in to usher all of you into a dressing room. Commercials were almost over and you had to perform the closing act!

After changing into tank tops and shorts at record speed, Demi Lovato, the host, announced the title of your new hit single.

You felt someone give you a small push and you stumbled a little in your heels, but you recovered quickly and walked onto the stage gracefully. The audience roared in anticipation. The music started and you sang the first verse with crazy butterflies in your stomach. But your worries disappeared the moment you caught Harry’s eye. Did you imagine the smoldering intensity of his stare? You momentarily forgot where you were, but thankfully you recovered and started to dance the complicated choreography. It was easy since you were a pretty good dancer. Harry wouldn’t take his eyes off of you, and it seemed you couldn’t either since you were practically serenading him.

All too soon, you were being led back to the dressing room to change again.

You’d been invited to the after party and you wanted to go badly! So you begged the girls until they gave in, but only after a million complaints about sore legs and high heels.

At the party, you mingled with other celebrities and chatted with your girlfriends. You hadn’t realized you were staring at the V.I.P. door until all five One Direction boys appeared: Harry, Niall, Louis, Zayn and Liam. There were three beautiful girls hanging with them. You recognized them as Eleanor Calder, Perrie Edwards, and Danielle Peazer.

You really wanted to talk to him and the girls, but you didn’t want to scare them away with your lovesick fan-girl rambles. They might call you obsessed…

Alex interrupted your thoughts.

“I know who you’re looking at, love,” she smirked.

Crap! What should I do?

“You should grow a pair and go to talk to him.”

Did she read my mind?

“I mean, it’s a party. It won’t be weird if you randomly talk to him. And we both know he loves clubbing. I can’t think of a better opportunity to get to know him. Take advantage of the fact that you’re both in your elements. Plus, there aren’t any paparazzi around to snap a photo of the two of you flirting.”