Chapter 3

(HARPER’S P.O.V)

The next morning I was violently awoken by Alex.

“Harper!! Wake up!! You won’t believe this,” Alex screamed.

I was still groggy but mad because 1.) There was a huge thump in my head caused from partying too hard last night, 2.) The shakiness of Alex waking me up, and 3.) Besides it being 1:10 in the afternoon, I was still very tired and sleepy.

“What, what what,” I managed to say as I propped my back into the bed’s backboard.

“Harper,” Alex began. “Harper. I was just on Instagram viewing pictures from the VMA’s when I came across to this.”

She rotated her laptop so that it was now facing me.

“Alex! You said there was no papps in the club!! You lied to me”, I screamed.

There were pictures taken from the inside of the club showing Harry and I dancing, holding hands, and kissing.

“I know, I know, I said that, but really, the club didn’t allow any papps in”, she said.

“Then who could’ve taken the pictures”, I asked.

“At first, the name didn’t come to me; it looked vaguely familiar, but I couldn’t distinguish it. Then, I thought back and couldn’t believe it.”

Snapped a photo of me and Harry?! Alex, that person snapped many photos of us together! Do you know what this means?! It means now that I am going to get a lot of hatred from people; our fans and ‘the-die-hard-Harry-Styles-fans”, I said in anger and frustration.

“Harper!! Are you even listening to me? I said that you’re not going to believe who posted these pictures”, Alex screamed.

“Fine. Give me the laptop.”

I felt my heart run all the way up towards my throat. My eyes popped wide open and I felt my mouth gape open. I couldn’t believe the name that I saw on Instagram; Dominic, my ex.

Flashback:

“How could you do this to me?! I gave you my all to you; my heart, my love, my trust! And you just came and took advantage of me”, I yelled at Dominic.

“Oh, no! Don’t come back to me to question my actions when you did the same thing to me”, said Dominic.

“No! Don’t try to turn the table back at me and lash at me when we’re talking about you, here”, I said almost crying.

“Oh, so you’re going to deny that you ever cheated on me with my best friend, Edgar, when I was away on a family trip?! Is that what you’re going to do now? Just because it happened a couple of days ago, you’re going to decide that it’s ok to leave the past as it is and just dust off the subject”, he screamed at me.

“No! I’m not trying to do that! Yes, ok, I’ll admit it. I did cheat on you with Edgar, but I did it for a good cost! People were telling me rumors about you, but I foolishly listened to you when you told me to trust you and not believe what others say. I couldn’t just come up to you and ask ‘hey, are you cheating on me’ when I couldn’t afford to lose you because I loved you. So instead, I threw a party at my house, got Edgar drunk, and slept with him so he could tell me the truth! I knew he wouldn’t just spill it out like that and wanted to sleep with me. But at least I had the balls and courage to confront you and tell you what I did. Meanwhile, you never told me that you had been cheating on me multiple times with multiple sluts behind my back”, I yelled back, fighting my tears because Dominic didn’t deserve any of my tears, just like he didn’t deserve my heart and trust from the very beginning.