Chapter 19

I SUCKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didnt know I'd be busy this summer. I thought I had a free lazy summer but instead of that I have to wake up at 5 in the freakin morning to go to a trio program! Don't get e wrong I love it there we go on field trips EVERY Friday but it totally throw off my schedule. I know you hate me but I hope you keep reading! I'll try to update more if  can! I love you guys thank you! Enjoy the chapter!! :((( :)))) 

Riley

I meet with Maya in the front of the school. It was a clouded day and she was happy to not have her sunglasses on all the time. "Are you okay Maya?" I ask already knowing that something is off with her. "I'm fine Riles." We sit down in our class.

The teacher calls roll. "Lucas Friar..." She waits and we don't hear anything. "One more time Lucas Friar." Now I know something is wrong. I turn to Maya to ask her what happened but she was looking straight ahead deep in her own mind.

"Alright class. Today you will present your short story." I get my folder out and take out my short story. Well more like book. "Already know that all of you won't be able to present today the ending point will be Maya Hart. So first up Jimmy Able." I put my story away and listen to the others read.

Well atleast I was looking like I was listening. Maybe I can ask Zay. We need to talk anyway. "Maya Hart." She walks up her boots clicking the floor. "My short story is called The Vampire's Mistress." I perked up. That's not my title not exactly anyway but it's Maya and maybe this will give me something.

Maya

I look at the words on the paper now unsure if I should read this. "I race through the woods blinded. Weapon at hand but no idea how to use it. Why am I running? This man killed them and I have to stop him. This should be the other way around. I stop and climb the tree jumping from branch to branch now having the higher ground. I stop when he stops.

Looking from left to right trying to find me. I was alone on this. He was supposed to stop him not me. But he moved away. I jump down on to him stabbing the demon sent to kill. He left me to rot. Left me for some other girl. I wipe the blood from my face.

I was his mistress not her. It now that I ask myself how I got here. What did I do for this to happen? Why did I make so many wrong choices? Or is it Why did I make so many right choices? Fighting for survival isn't what I planned but it's what I need I do.

I didn't stop then and I won't stop now. "Mommy?" I hear the familiar voices. "I'm coming sweetie" I give it one last glance and walk away and prepare for another day.' They all clap but Riley gave me a particular look.

Riley

The story shook me to the bone. It made me think. Usually when you write story you write what you feel at some point and somethings can be based off of reality. So let's back up. She's running. She has a weapon. It talks about - RING! The bell cuts off my thoughts. Stupid bell. "Hey Maya that was really good." She nods. "Thanks. Pretty easy to right if you ask me." I nod. "Yeah well at least you had an easy time." She nods and was about to walk to their next class. "Oh and Maya." She turns. "Thank you for saving me you know the other night." She smiles and nods. "No problem." I nod.

I turn and see Zay. "Oh Zay!" He turns looks me straight in the eyes and walks off as if he didn't hear me calling. I catch up with him and swing him against a locker. "Really Zay? I just want to talk."

"Okay first OW! And second what is it?" He dust himself off. "I need answers. Everyone is acting weird today and he Lucas isn't here." He looks around. "What makes you think I have the answers."

"Because you're Lucas's best friend and you're a werewolf." I whisper the last part. "No I'm not." I cross my arms. "Why try and lie to me? I know that you are!"