Chapter 2: Rey/Kylo Ren

Up until a meteor hit a parked X-wing, I was having a pretty normal day. I had been flying an X-Wing with Poe and blowing up old Imperial stuff. Then I fixed the shield generator, added another language to C-3PO's database, read a book, and did about everything I could do to prevent boredom. Finn still is in hibernation. I've waited in the Resistance base for months. He might not even survive.... No. He has to. I've waited nineteen years for my parents to find me, I thought. I can wait one more month for him to heal. I drifted off into thought until I was suddenly awoken by a series of concerned beeps.

"No, BB-8. I'm just thinking." I replied.

More soft beeps ensued from the spherical droid.

"Yes, BB. I'm a little concerned for Finn."

BB-8 then went crazy, beeping so fast that I could hardly understand his question.

"NO, I do NOT like him!" I said, annoyed.

The white and orange droid counteracted with another series of blurbs.

"Check your info dump! Just because I kissed him doesn't mean ANYTHING!! He's RUDE! He kept taking my hand! I don't need a man! He did come to rescue me, but STILL!" I yelled, but I didn't have my heart in it. BB-8 clearly noticed. He just gave me a bleep which clearly said "Okay, if you say so!". I sighed. All of a sudden, I heard a huge WHAM as an object hit an X-Wing in the parking area. I was immediately on my feet and ran towards the spacecraft, lightsaber in hand. Probably just a meteor, I assured myself. Not the First Order. When I saw it, however, I immediately knew that this was no meteor. This was definitely going to make my day more interesting.

~~~~~~

Kylo Ren:

This day couldn't possibly be any worse. I have nothing to do. Supreme Leader Snoke claims I need to rest, but the Resistance has found Luke Skywalker. I have to make up for my mistake. Even worse, My face is permanently deformed, thanks to some untrained girl who managed to defeat me! It's all ugly now! It used to be handsome! Ugh. Fortunately, the map to Skywalker still exists, and we are searching for the new Resistance base to get the map. Those stupid rebels. They just HAD to make my life suck and change locations. I continue to get more and more agitated and angry until an officer comes up to me.

"Sir, our navigational system has failed. We were unable to reach our destination of Yavin 4." He says to me. "Engineers are currently-"

"Where are we now?" I interrupt.

"We aren't sure, sir." He replies.

My anger is raging out of control and I cannot contain it anymore. I activate my lightsaber and slice the wall over and over. "I WOULD LIKE YOU TO FIND OUT!!!" I bellow at the now cowering officer.

"Yes, sir." He replies timidly and quickly leaves.

I am calmer now, and start to clear my mind. As I reach out with the Force, sensing the planet below, I am taken aback by what I feel. There is a presence on this planet, coming from a person I have met. This is the exact same presence that brought me to my knees on Starkiller base, four months ago. However, this presence is much stronger with the Force now.

~~~~~~

Rey:

What I see in the X-Wing is not from the First Order. It's not even Imperial. In fact, I don't know where it's from at ALL! I tentatively pick it up and inspect it. It's like a Holocron, but it glows a bright blue and is cube shaped. It has no working parts, and doesn't have any apparent purpose at all. I snort. This isn't a threat at all! BB-8 is right behind me, and he beeps a quick question.

"Oh, it's nothing. It wouldn't even get me half a portion." I reply. I climb down from the X-Wing and chuck it into the grass. I turn and begin walk back to the base when I hear a ginormous boom. I whirl around to see radiation shooting into the sky, and a black, swirling portal directly in front of me. You know, maybe this would have gotten me a couple portions, I think. I grip my staff tight and stand in front of the portal, prepared for whatever might happen.

~~~~~~

Kylo Ren:

I am still deep in thought when all of a sudden I see blue rays headed directly for us. I hear a BOOM and a giant portal appears behind me.

"FN Stormtrooper Corps! Enter the portal! It may lead us to Skywalker!" I scream. A squadron of Stormtroopers quickly march towards me. The leader turns towards me.

"Yes sir!" He responds. He salutes me and he and his men enter the portal one by one. I turn around to Captain Phasma.

"Send more troopers through that portal to get the map." I instruct Phasma.

"Yes, sir. My troops will get that map." She replies.

"They had better." I say. "Rey will do everything in her power to keep us from getting that map. And unfortunately, she is very powerful."