Chapter 6: Rey

This trip is taking FOREVER. With alarms blaring and the ship threatening to blow up every two seconds, the time isn't going fast. I finally have everything under control, and can rest for a minute. However, it doesn't last long. The stupid hyperdrive keeps overloading. Just when I am about to surrender and allow myself to blow up, I see Jakku directly ahead of us.

"We're almost there!" I yell to Bucky.

"Thank god!" Bucky yells back. " I HATE space travel!"

I maneuver the Millennium Falcon onto the sand and double check my surroundings for any scavengers. My surroundings are all too familiar. I am not that pleased to be back here. The disgusting air, the rough sand.... The opposite of Finn. He's smooth, compassionate and sweet. I am not in love with him, I think. He's a friend. But my brain just can't help but think about if he likes me. I am so deep in thought that I do not awake until I hear a huge gasp from Bucky.

"Oh my gosh. This place is AWESOME!!!!" He says excitedly. "Oh my gosh, is that your old house?!!"

"Um, I guess. Do you want to see it?" I ask.

"Heck yes!" He exclaims.

I open up the hatch to my home for nineteen years and am shocked to see that nothing was stolen at all. My flowers are still sitting in an empty water canteen. I see my Rebel Alliance doll and quickly pick it up. I am definitely taking this with me. I see, once again, the thousands of scratches on the wall, each mark symbolizing a day. I am quite pleased to see that it has come to an end, and I know that I am never making another scratch, for I am no longer waiting for acceptance. I am nostalgic to be back here. Bucky, on the other hand, is freaking out.

"And this is the EXACT DISH that you licked the crumbs out of after every meal!" He exclaims. "And this is the pen that you used to make scratches on your wall!" I must say, this "Star Wars" he speaks of must be popular. He seems to know everything about me.

"Dude, it's literally a dish and and a pen." I explain to him.

"But it's YOUR dish and pen!! Sorry, that didn't mean to sound creepy." Bucky apologizes. "I like Star Wars!"

"REALLY?!?!? I NEVER would have guessed!" I say with heavy sarcasm. I would have said more, but I was quickly jolted by the sound of a spacecraft descending quickly. I grab my doll and my staff and run outside. So does Bucky. A escape pod is careening down and crashes into a sand dune with an explosion. Bucky and I run onto the Falcon and fly towards the crash. Bucky immediately jumps off of the ship as soon as I touch down. I run outside to see Bucky looking at a muscular man with a blue suit and huge shield. Bucky's look is murderous, so I unstrap my staff and raise it high.

"No, Rey!" Bucky yells, but my staff is already in motion. Fortunately, the man wakes up and quickly spins his shield in front of him, and my staff harmlessly bounces off of it.

"Whoa. That thing would've gotten me like 200,000 portions!" I exclaim. Bucky grins and slaps the newcomer on the arm.

"Rey, this is Steve Rogers. Steve already knows you too." Bucky says. Steve doesn't look too good.

"What's wrong, Steve?" I ask.

"I've had to go to the bathroom for like eight bajillion hours," Steve responds tightly. I chuckle.

"Are you a city person?" I ask.

"Uh, yes. New York." He says.

"I have no idea where that is, but hopefully you aren't so delicate that you won't go behind that sand dune and do your business." I say, gesturing to a sand dune off in the distance.

"Oh no. This qualifies as an emergency. See ya." Steve replies and bolts off to the sand dune that I pointed out. We wait for him to do his business and he comes back. "Okay, so where next?"

"First, give me the piece you found." I command. He turns it over to me and I inspect it.

"We must destroy this immediately. The map to Skywalker is too dangerous." I say. I quickly set it down and whack it with my staff until it is nothing but a pile of metal. Steve studies Bucky for a minute.

"Did you guys encounter the First Order or something? Why does Bucky have so many bruises?" Steve asks.

"Well," Bucky says, "Unlike you, I didn't have a shield to protect me from that staff of hers."

"Ooooohhh, she got you good!" Steve grins. "I guess you didn't have to save her, huh?"

"I had to save myself. That girl is evil." Bucky shudders.

"Why, thank you!" I reply curtly. I smile. "So, we are going back to the Resistance base now, right?"

"Yeah," Bucky says. "We have to figure out how to stop the tesseract."

"And heal Finn." I remind him.

"Aww, you two are so cute together!" Steve says.

I give him a murderous glare. "He's my friend." I say. "We have to help him."