Chapter 19

We looked all over for Delaney, and that's when we noticed the car was gone.

We're all in the living room now, trying to figure out what to do.

"Carmen." Blake pleads. "If you know something, you need to tell me."

I shake my head.

"I don't know anything." I lie.

"Carmen." He says. "I know you're lying."

I can't tell him.

I stand there, shifting on my feet.

"Can I talk to you outside?" Tyler asks.

I nod. "Okay."

He opens the back door.

It shuts, and I feel everybody watching us.

"What are you not saying?" he asks. "Earlier when I asked if you were okay, you said yes." He says.

"I said yes because it's a holiday." I say.

"What happened?" he asks.

I take a deep breath.

"When me and Ari and Del were hanging out earlier, Delaney asked what kind of underwear you wear." I whisper.

"What?" he asks.

I sigh.

"And I told her Calvin Klein. Then she said that Blake won't have sex with her, that he's afraid of hurt her and the baby." I sigh. "And then she asked how big your dick is."

His face contorts in confusion.

"She what?" he asks.

I look down. "I said that for me to know and her to never find out. And then she continued and she was like 'well Tyler's buff, he's tall. I'm saying he's at least seven. Is he? At least seven?'"

"What?" he whispers. "Oh god." He knots his fingers in his hair. "What did you tell her?"

"I got up and left, and she followed me, and I she was like 'what?' and I said 'He is my husband, Delaney. I would never tell you his size.' And she got angry and was like 'why not' and I said 'when you tell me you haven't had sex and then you ask me my husband's size...And then you sit there thinking about it like you're imagining him naked! God, fuck you, Delaney' and she was like 'well you've been fighting so much, I didn't think it was a problem. Would you ever divorce him?' and I said 'go fuck yourself.'"

He stares at me.

"I left after that, and I wasn't going to say anything because I would ruin today. I was going to tell you later. Ari told me when we went to take apart Emily's room that apparently she asked about Zac after I left."

Tyler knots his fingers in his hair.

"Carmen, if Blake hears about this, he's going to break."

"I know." I whisper. "She's pregnant, Tyler. And he's gotten his shit snipped. You don't think she'd cheat, do you?"

Blake

We're all watching Carmen talk to Tyler, and his face shows pure shock, and then anger, and then he stands there with his hands knotted in his hair. She says something, he eyebrows showing she's worried. Tyler looks down, shaking his head, and then he shrugs. I read his lips as he said I don't know.

Tyler just keeps shaking his head, and he says oh god and he sits down against the door.

"This doesn't look good." Mr. Cerda mutters.