NUMBER 10

I am Katarina. I am 13 years old and frightened. I am alive but only just. I can't move, and I don't know what to do. I can't find my pet Phoenix Jessabell she is my only hope.

I've only recently come to this planet, I am originally from a moon of another galaxy. My moon home was called Lealle a word in our language meaning home star. Lealle is currently under invasion and 15 of us young Lealian children were sent here to grow older and stronger, and in 7 years or so we will come back and save Lealle.

I hear a distant cry, and some how find the strength to sit up that was Jessabell! "Jessabell" I cry my voice hoarse. Within a few seconds she's by my side. She breaths over me, I am instantly healed. I sit up and get my bearings we are in the middle of a thick canopy of jungle and I am high in a tree. what ever I did trying to Learn how to use my new power went very wrong. I lift my hands and think of my flat, all clean and tidy. I grab hold of my moonstone locket and picture me and Jessabell there. When I open my eyes we are home. "Jessabell," I yell excited "I did it I did it i did it!" I'm so happy I finally put one of my five powers to use. I open my locket and pull out a small slab of stone. I blow across it and suddenly the top starts to glow there are small green dots on the surface of what appears to be a three dimensional map. just then I hear a knock at the door. "Miss there's someone to see you ," the manager says. cautiously I open the door and a boy about my age, maybe a bit older looks back at me. Not wanting to be rude I invite him in. As soon as the manager goes he pulls out a moonstone locket exactly like mine. They begin to glow faintly. "Hi I'm josh," he says. "Or you might remember me as 11."