thirty eight. dogs.

I really gotta start proofreading my shit.

"Niall, how about this one?" Harry asked, his finger pressed lightly to the glass.

"aw he's a cutie."

"Niall it's a she. duh." Harry mumbled, making cute faces at the kitten behind the counter. the boys were out shopping for a pet.

Niall wanted plants, but Harry just had to have a puppy or kitten.

"Niall what about this one!!" Harry asked, jumping on his heels at the sight of the tiny orange kitten.

"it's very cute."

"you've said that about the last seven pets, ni!" Harry mumbled, frustrated with the blonde.

"sorry, h. I'm not really seeing anything that just... jumps out at me."

"well do you think maybe we should take some out of their cages?" Harry suggested.

"that sounds good. let's start with the dogs?" Niall asked, rounding the pet shelters corner.

"okay." harry said, kinda sing- songy. they strolled past large crates making barks and squeals and whimpers.

they passed about twenty crates until Niall stopped, his breath ebbing in the back of his throat.

"do you see something?" Harry asked, massaging Niall's shoulders. Niall nodded silently.

he saw the most beautiful puppy sitting in front of him.

"look Harry. it's so cute." Niall said, his eyes actually tearing up at the cuteness. in front of him sat a tiny border collie, gnawing on the bars of her cage. Niall reached down, smiling and stroked her tiny paw.

"it says her name is Tuesday." Harry said smiling.

"I love it. I have to have her."

"then have her, you shall." Harry said, starting to walk off to the front desk.

"wait, Harry!" niall shouted, and Harry turned on his booted heel. his flows shirt fanned out behind him.

"do you think, maybe, we should get an older dog? I feel bad just getting a puppy. the older dogs need homes too, you know?" Niall asked, rocking on the balls of his feet.

"I think that's a lovely idea." harry said, kissing his boyfriend cheek. Niall grinned and walked farther down the rows of crates.

"ni," Harry muttered, standing in between two crates.

"have you seen these two? they're beautiful." harry said, looking down at the cages.

"Australian cattle dogs, eh?" Niall said, reading their charts.

"non aggressive, hypoallergenic, family Pets... what's not to love?" the boy grinned brilliantly.

"says here that the reddish one is named Diego, and the blackish one is named Zakiyah."

"ni, can we please please please get them? I want them soooo badly." harry said, clasping his hands together.

"I'm a sucker for you." he swigged, crouching down to get a better look at the older dogs.

"so it's a yes...?"

"do I suck dick?" Niall said sarchotically.

"oh my god, thank you!" Harry said, pulling Niall up for a hug and quick kiss.

"we're finally starting our lives together."

finally.