Chemistry Under the Bleachers

Henry's POV~

I sat three seats down from Doug, who sat next to Evie. Evie muttered something to him as she stared dreamy eyed at Chad. And he stared back. Great, so she was his next target. Then the teacher called on her to find the Atomic Weight of Silver. She stood up, and went to the front and held a mirror in her hand as she wrote on the board. It was more than likely her mother's mirror. She is smart, both for cheating and not needing to cheat. As she went back I put my earbud in and watched her read a note that Charming had passed her. She looked at him and nodded. I heard my name faintly outside of my earbuds and took one out.

"Mr. Heart, can you find the atomic weight of silver?" the teacher asked me.

"Dude, come on. It's on the board." I said as I smirked and put my earbud back in.

(3 PM, At the bleachers, Still Henry's POV)

I was sitting on the bleachers, watching Ben and Carlos practice sprints. The kid had just ran off into the woods with a dog chasing him. A little one too. Then I heard voices under the bleachers. I listened.

"Is everyone at home as pretty as you?" I heard Chad ask.

"I like to think I'm the fairest of them all," Evie responded with a giggle. "How many rooms in your castle?"

"Oh, too many to count," Chad told her with a fake chuckle. There were actually 107. I counted. So he lied. Ha.

"You really nailed that chemistry problem today," Chad continued. "You're gonna have all the nerds in love with you."

"I'm not that smart," she said.

"Oh come on." he objected.

"No really, I'm not," she said. "But I'm really good at sewing and cooking and cleaning, you know like your mother. But without the ratty dress."

"See this," she said. She must've pulled out her mirror. Bad move girl. "If I ask it where something is, it will tell me."

"Are you kidding me?" He asked.

"No," she responded.

"Where's my cell phone?" he asked it.

"It won't work for you silly," she told him. He wasn't silly, he was dumb.

"No biggy, my dad will just get me a new one." he said.

"Prince Charming." she sighed.

"Yeah." he said.

"And Cinderella." she sighed again.

"Yeah." he said again.

"And fairy godmother." She said.

"Yeah." he said.

"Hey, I heard her wand is in some boring museum. Do they always keep it there?" She asked. Oh. My. God. She is smart! I had overheard her and her friends, well ok, I was eavesdropping because she had all of her friends in her dorm. Anyway, I heard them talking about how they needed the wand to break the barrier on the Isle. I didn't tell because 1- I don't think they can do it and 2- If they do, I want to see what they'll do and 3- I'm no snitch.

"I'd really like to talk, but, I'm just swamped," here he goes. "Unless."

"Unless?" she asked.

"Hey, if you could knock out all my homework with yours, maybe we could get together sometime and," he paused for a moment. "Hang."

"Yeah." she sighed.

"Thanks babe." he said. He did not just call her babe!

"Yeah, bye." she said. Then came Doug. he came over almost to where I was sitting and went under the bleachers to talk to her.

"I couldn't help but overhear-" she cut him off.

"Are you stalking me?" she accused.

"Technically," he paused. "Yes."

"But, I too have a fascination with the Fairy Godmother's wand. Which is another reason I look forward to the coronation. Perhaps we could sit next to each other and discuss it's attributes?" He continued.

"Are you saying it's used in the coronation?" she asked.

"Yes. And asking you out?" he attempted. She laughed a bit. And he made her leave. I was gonna talk to her! Dammit.