Taking It In

"Oh my gosh Dee! How'd you manage to make such a mess?" I say in awe. The kitchen is truly unacceptable. Maynard's gummy bags that are half full, lay in every corner of the room. Swedish Fish, Fuzzy Peaches, and those weird raspberry shaped gummies. I notice that there are several cans spread out among the kitchen counter. There are 2 coke cans and 4 cans of beer. Dee's drinking has never bothered me before. She's legally allowed to, and I know she's very responsible. And judging from her lipstick marks around two of the cans, she only had two. BBQ sauce had splattered down the front of the counter, onto the white cabinets. I frantically began to scrub away at the mixture of Diana Sauce and Honey off of our marble counter. Tyler, Luke and Mason had gone home about 5 minutes ago. I could still feel my heart beating from inside of my chest. Did that really just happen? I ask myself. It seems as though the night went by so fast. Too fast. I take a second to think about how quickly the night had gone by.

 When we came inside, Luke asked if I had ever seen the movie "Cabin In The Woods". I said I hadn't and asked what it was about. Luke explained to me that it was about five teenagers that go camping and find this cabin. They decide to stay in the abandoned cabin because theres a thunder storm happening and they are forced to find shelter. Throughout the night they are haunted by chainsaw massacres,  dead children and clowns. I tried to sound enthusiastic about the movie, but I'm not a fan of horror movies. I'm sure Mason must've caught that, because he said"Aw man, she won't want to watch that!" But I don't want him to think I'm a wimp, so I said  I was  game. Luke threw his arm around me a says "Good girl." I wiggled out from under his clutch. The last thing I wanted Mason or any of the guys to think, was that Luke and I liked each other. Luke was fine and all, but he wasn't the kind of guy I thought of in that way. He was cute and all, but we didn't connect. He seemed like a daredevil and I'm more neutral.  We turned off the lights and took seats in the screening room. We have a little projector in there, so that's why it's called that.

 Mason took the love seat, Luke took the recliner. Which had left Tyler and I with the couch.  Oh my God. I thought. It was like a big game of ring around the rosie. Tyler had barely said anything to me all night. He smiled awkwardly at me and let me sit down first. I sat at the right end and he sat on the left end. I watched that horrible movie and cried a little into my pillow when the movie became intense.  The movie was interrupted thankfully by Justin, who said it was time to go. 

The boys had left and now Dee and I are facing the mess that is our kitchen. "Mel I got this, it's mainly my mess." Dee says. "Okay." I say. Normally I would help clean up, but I just want to go to my room and write all this down. Writing is my love. After something special happens, I like to record it in my notebook, so I can remember it forever. I pull out my notebook after entering my room, and I begin to write.

I have never been more confused. I list off everything that happened tonight and than tuck my journal under my bed. I change my into my pyjamas, and brush my teeth. I climb into bed and reach to turn off the lamp beside my bed. The light turns off and I close my eyes and fall asleep. I lie in my bed and wait for my eyes to adjust to the darkness. I gaze over at my window and see it's starting to rain. Suddenly my mind flashes back to "Cabin In The Woods" and I realize, it's going to be a long night.