02 • alive

Everyone was yelling, everything was complete chaos after we all realized that she hadn't come back up. Was she actually gone? After only being on the ground for merely a couple hours?

The huge splash of water caught everyone's attention as Octavia was flung into the air and the monster swam the other way. Jasper dove into the water, Octavia was seemingly injured and needed assistance out of the water.

The monster began to swim back towards the two at an even faster pace. Jasper pushed Octavia back onto land and I helped drag her to safety as Murphy aided Jasper.

Usually Murphy wouldn't be nice to anyone. That's a rare thing for him. For me, I try to help out anyone that needs it. Murphy helping Jasper took me by surprise.

"I think we should go back." I stated warily. I didn't want to be on this trip if there were monsters and stuff like this out here right now. Everything in my head is just spinning and I need to calm down before doing anything.

"We can't just go back Ash. We need food, supplies and water." Clarke snapped at me. That wasn't necessary at all.

"Well I'm going back before I slow you guys down then." I shamefully looked to the ground and turned the way we came.

"I'm sorry, Ash." He whispered so only I could hear. I figured now would be a good time to hug him, so I did.

I nodded into his chest and we proceeded our trek back to the drop ship.

The camp wasn't as far away as I had thought considering we got there in less time than the amount of time it took to get to the lake. We had no reassurance to my irrelevant theory but that's what it felt like to me at least.

Murphy walked beside me, shifting his eyes to me every now and then. God, his eyes were one of the most beautiful things about him. No matter how much of an inconsiderate asshole he is, I could always see the good in him. It's always been there. It's been tampered with and broken down but it's there. I hated how no one else cared to look for it.

"Ash?" His expression became filled with worry as he looked my expression up and down.

"I'm okay, just shook." I shook my head slightly and we continued walking. "Are you ready to tell me how you got here?"

He sighed.

"Well. After dad was floated.. You know the officer that arrested him?"

"Yeah.." My chest began to tighten. Fuck, this is my fault.

"Well, I set his living quarters on fire." Murphy tucked his hands into his pockets and kept his gaze stuck to the ground.

"W-was he I-inside?" My lip quivered and shivers rolled up my spine and through my limbs at the thought.

He didn't reply.

We approached the drop ship and he stormed past me in a hurry. I figured it's better to just leave him be for a bit. Monroe walked up to me shortly after Murphy left me.

"You okay? You seem shaken up." Monroe asked.

"Yeah, I am I guess, I just need some rest." Murphy was still on my mind. Did he actually kill that guard? Why didn't he kill me? I'm the reason Alex is dead.

Bellamy held the camp up pretty nicely while we were gone. People were starting to form a fence around the perimeter and there were a few makeshift tents pitched beside the drop ship. We have no idea what's out here now so it's probably better to have a fence around us for the time being.

"Bellamy do you have anything I can help with?" I yelled to him over all the chatter.

"Yeah actually. Move these makeshift mattresses into the tents and you can have first pick. You'll need to pick a partner but you'll get a good tent at least." He pointed to a pile of shitty makeshift mattresses. Not as good as the beds on the Arc but they'll do.