03 • bad luck

Everyone was in chaos and everyone was panicking, running around the drop ship. Clarke was talking to Octavia and Bellamy outside the ship about how they were going to go find Jasper.

"You're not going with them, Ash." Murphy came up beside me with a smug look.

"I have to. He's my friend." I sighed, not really wanting to leave the camp but still wanting to be there to help Jasper.

"Ash, it's going to be dangerous. You're all I have.." He mumbled the last part.

"Murphy, we gotta get going. Atom make sure they don't leave." Bellamy pointed to Octavia and I.

I snapped my glare back to Murphy.

"So you're allowed to leave but I'm not? Just because you don't want to lose me? What if I don't want to lose you?" My glared turned to a worry filled expression.

Murphy was all I had. Mom floated herself and dad got caught with some morphine. There was no one left on the ship or on the ground for me to care for. Just him, and my newfound friends, Jasper and Monty. I needed to help Jasper and I couldn't lose John.

"Ash, I'll come back safe. I'll bring Jasper and he'll be okay. I promise." He reached out for my shoulder but I stormed into the drop ship.

"They didn't let you go either?" Octavia looked up from the corner.

"Nope. Murphys orders to Atom."

"Bellamys too. Fuck, I should be out there right now." She flung the piece of metal she had in her hand across the drop ship.

"Hey, wanna keep it a bit more quiet? Trying to work here." Monty smirked at us.

"Did they make you stay back too?" Octavia stood up and began pacing from one end to the other of the drop ship

"Orders from Clarke. I didn't get a guard though." He chuckled at the last part of course.

"I'm gunna try to get out of here, I'll catch up with you guys later." Octavia jumped toward the ladder and began descending downwards. "I'm sure Jasper would understand why you two didn't go." 

A few minutes passed by before Monty spoke up again.

"He's like a brother to me. In every one of my favourite memories he's there. It's always him. I can't lose him." Monty shook his head and got back to work.

" I don't wanna lose him either Monty. You and him are my only friends besides Murphy." I sighed, walking over to get a look at what he was tinkering with. We sat in silence for a bit as I watched him connect wires and unscrew bolts.

"You good with this kind of stuff?" Monty displayed the wires sewn into the side of the ship and then analyzed my expression.

"Yeah I guess, I working with computer technology and sciences before getting locked up actually." I took a seat beside him and looked at the intertwined cables.

"Hey, you were in my class, weren't you?" Monty turned around with an adorable grin set on his mouth.

"Probably, I didn't talk to anyone or really look at my surrounding so I wouldn't remember though." I shrugged and the spark of a wire caught my eye.