02.5 • late nights

"Hey Murphy, do you think we'll ever get to see the ground again?" We sat at the end of the hall, staring through the window.

From the window you could see the moon, sometimes the sun, and of course, earth. The Arc was almost like a satellite, circling our old home.

"Hopefully. I fucking hate it up here." Murphy grinned and let out a chuckle.

"What happens when the Arc runs out of air?" I moved over to the wall beside John, still thinking of all the possibilities.

"We won't be here then. We'll be on the ground. We'll be safe." John moved his arm and placed it over my shoulders.

"I miss them." I sighed. Diane never told me where my mom went. I was never told where my dad went either. For all I know they could've been floated.

"I know you do Ash. You know we'll be okay right?" I snuggled up closer to him trying to gather a feeling of comfort and assurance.

"I'm not sure." My words sounded soft and gentle but they were filled with worry and sadness. What if I lost Murphy too? What about Alex and Diane?

"Please don't ever leave me, John." The tears began to build up so I buried my face into Johns chest, just like many times before.

"I don't plan on it Ashton." Murphy kissed my forehead and we sat there like that for hours. Just pondering of what life would be like on the ground and what it could be. I didn't care about where we were or where we were going. As long as I had Murphy by my side, I knew everything would be okay.