Chapter 8: Reality

Chapter 8

Reality

-------------------------
Jewels

I followed the nurses and paramedics along side the stretcher as we ripped through hospital doors. Still in hysterics and still praying for my baby sister. I've been blubbering like crazy that I wasn't even able to tell them what was wrong, they just had to grab her and go. Adonis had to move the car from the entry way so he was nowhere in sight to help out. It was just me, my blubbering, and a borderline unconscious Emery.

Two nurses hooked her to a station near by and closed a curtain while another came to me and grabbed my shoulders. "So tell me what happened."

"I don't, I don't know! We were eating and- and--"

"We were eating ice cream and she just flared up like that." I heard Adonis speak from behind me.

I turned to him to look up at his tall figure as he spoke in calmer tones but still with a certain urgency to it. The nurse now looked to him probably relieved to not have to decode what the hell I was trynna say between all of this crying. And I'm grateful for it. Thinking and connecting words aren't really working for me right now when the only thing on my mind is Emery and if she's gonna be alright.

The nurse took Adonis by his shoulders this time and got serious. "What type of ice cream?"

"Vanilla fudge sundae."

"Were there peanuts on it?"

"Yea." He nodded.

The nurse nodded her head too and dashed off towards the others while yelling over her shoulder, "It's a peanut allergy!"

The fuck? A peanut allergy, where had that even came from? Not once In Emery's whole life had she ever had a run in with a peanut allergy. Sure she had the common spring time and sumner allergies due to the extra pollen and shit, but never nothing as sever as some damn peanuts. The whole thing is just random, and relieving.

I stepped closer towards the nurses trying to be heard or atleast seen over all of there movements and shit. No one was taking notice of me just shooting a needle in Em's leg and placing a breathing mask over her face.

"Does that mean she's gonna live?" I questioned.

The nurse who had spoken to us earlier looked back at me and then back at Emery, "We've got the shot in her so now her throat should be opening up, it's just a matter of getting her breathing right again. It won't take long. I promise."

They closed the curtain completely this time leaving me and Adonis standing anxiously awaiting for something to be said or done. I stood chewing on my nails like a mad woman before a thought occurred to me. I slowly turned to look at Adonis with my eyes half squinted and fist now balled up.

"You idiot!" I yelled.

He scrunched his face up and took a step back. "Huh?"

"You're a got damn idiot Adonis," I yelled again. "You sat and watched her order that and not once consulted in me to find out if she might be allergic to peanuts!"

"What the fuck? Yo ass didn't know either; you sittin' up here just as lost!"

"But you--"