Chapter 6 - I Need You

Allison's P.O.V

The silence filled the room, as I opened my eyes.

Where was I?

I scanned the room in hopes of finding my answer, when I suddenly realised it was extremely difficult to sit up.

Not to mention, by blurry vision made it hard to spot anything. All I was able to notice, was a figure standing in the corner of the room.

I squinted trying my very best to decipher the person when suddenly she called my name.

" Allison! You're awake! " the lady called out to me.

She walked over to my bedside, and stroked my hair.

It was Jonah's mom.

" Mrs. Scott? Where am I, and where's Jonah? " I asked obviously quite disoriented.

" Oh sweetie, Jonah's outside. He's not quite ready to see you yet. He thinks this whole situation is his fault. " she pauses to sigh, " You're in the hospital, hun. "

The hospital? What the hell happened? Why did Jonah need time to see me? What situation?

My heart was racing a million miles a second, as questions filled my mind.

" I'll expain everything in a bit. " she informs me after noticing my confusion, " But for now just lay down for a bit, I'll get the nurse so she can give you your antibiotics. "

I nodded, not sure of what else to say.

I felt a sharp pain in my shoulder, and my body was severely sore. I had so many questions that I was eager to know the answer to.

All I could remember, was being in a car with Jonah.

Did we get into a car accident or something? Was he hurt too?

Im suddenly taken away from my thoughts when the door opens, and a nurse comes into the room.

" Afternoon, sweetheart. How ya feeling? " the lady asks me.

" Uhm, I'm okay I guess. Do you know where my boyfriend is? "

" Oh darling, I'm sorry he doesn't wish to see you right now. "

Doesn't want to see me? What the fuck.

She then instructed me to take pills, and to eat the cookie she had just given me.

She exited the room, and a few minutes later Mrs. Scott came back in with some real food.

" Thanks, " I mumbled as I took a sip of the french onion soup she has placed on the table besides me.

" Why doesn't Jonah want to see me. " I asked, the hurt quite evident in my voice.

" Don't take it the wrong way, hun. Of course he wants to see you, he's just kind of a complete mess right now. "

" A complete mess? Why? What happened? "

She looked at me almost sypathetically as she spoke, " Al, you were shot by that man who Jonah got into a fight with, after Jonah insisted on pulling onto the closed highway. "

" Shot?!" I suddenly put my hand over the bandages on my shoulder, and it all seemed to make sense.

" But wait, why does Jonah think this is his fault?" I asked once again

" Because Al, you mean the world to him. He thinks that if he would have never driven on the highway, that you wouldn't be hurt. "

" But that's ridiculous, the man was going to find our location regardless of the case, " I pause to sigh, " How do you know all of this anyways. "

She then goes on to telling me how Jonah called her using the hospital phone, explaining everything as he cried . And how she then asked a friend of hers to pick her up and drop her off at the hospital.

" Oh and good news, my friend told me she knows a great place where the three of us can go and stay safe for a while. As soon as you feel better, we're going to head out. "

I nod in agreement, but mind is somewhere else.

My mind is on Jonah.

" Mrs. Scott, can you do me a favor? " I asked

She "mmhs" in response.

" Can you try and get Jonah to come here and talk to me. I need to see him. "

" I'll try my best sweetie, for now just relax a bit and eat okay? "

" Okay " I agree.

About an hour had passed by, and still no sign of Jonah.