Chapter 4 - Beyond the Boundaries

"11:14 A.M, and we're still sitting here doing nothing. We have to get going eventually you know. " Allison informs Jonah.

He knew they had to leave, he just didn't have the slightest bit of an idea as to where to go.

"Yeah, yeah you're right. Let's start driving and see what we can find. But, we have to be considerate with the gas. Don't turn on the heat until it becomes too unbarebly cold okay? "

" Okay." She replies in response.

It was the middle of February, definetly not the best time of year for such a long trip.

Jonah pulls out of the parking spot they've been in for quite a while now, checking his rear view mirror as he does so.

They were now somewhere in Eastern Pennslyvania, tens of hundreds of miles away from home.

Jonah's eyes cast on the closed highway, he ponders for quite some time.

Finally, he makes a desicion.

" We're going to drive on this highway." his eyes are still focused on the highway as he says so.

" Are you crazy?! Jonah it has to be blocked off for a reason. That would be incredibly dangerous, and the last thing I need is for anyone of us to get hurt from a stupid desicion. We can't just drive on it, what if - "

" Relax, " He begins to assure her " This place is practically empty, and from what I see the highway looks perfectly okay. If we want to find a shelter or any form of civilization, this is our best bet. "

" Fine. " she sighs in defeat. " But if we get killed, it's all on you. "

He smiles a bit at this, as he gets out of his car and moves the blockage that is preventing him from moving onto Interstate 83.

He grabs the car door handle and gets back into the vehicle.

Allison plays with her thumbs, unable to make eye contact with the road. Even though she told Jonah to go ahead with his plan, she was terrified.

But he seemed quite determined.

" See we're okay aren't we? " he asks turning to face Allison.

Her face had lost her color, and her eyes had widened as she began to stare at something in the distance.

" J - J - onah. L - lo- look. "

Quite confused, he turns to look at what her eyes are focused on.

The man.

In a black Mercedes Benz.

He was now heading in the direction of them, appearing beyond pissed.

" I told you to stay away! " he screams as he speeds after Jonah and Allison.

Gunshots are heard, as Jonah discovers the man is right on his tail.

He signals in his right lane, now right next to Jonah's car.

" Allison duck! " he turns to face her, but he's too late.

The man fires his Mamba Pistol one last time during the same moment, and shoots Allison right in her arm.

Jonah quickly makes a desicion, as she swerves his car to the right and knocks the man off the road.

Allison's arm is now bleeding uncontrolably as Jonah has tears rolling down his eyes.

" Allison, this is all my fault im so, so sorry. I love you more than I have ever loved anyone else in my entire life. Please..." His tears began to turn into constant sobbing.

But she can't look at him.

And that's because...her eyes are no longer open.