The White Wolf and the Mother of Dragons Part 2

*This chapter is unedited*

Sansa rode back to Winterfell, alone without any guards. The foot soldiers immediately greeted her and looked at her with utter silence. Eyes of worry and doubt stared at her, whispering to her, asking what happened, why she came back alone, is Jon, their king gone. Sansa climbed down from her horse and walked into the castle. Leaving the soldiers to whisper among themselves, they only had captains and lesser officers left in charge as for all the lords have left, except for one. 

"Lady Stark!" Lyanna Mormont called as she came out of the castle doors with her maester by her side. "Where's our king?"

At first Sansa didn't want to answer but she felt everyone was staring at her, waiting for her answer and they were. "The King in the North has met Daenerys Targaryen"

"And?" Lyanna asked, her face near angry than worried. 

Sansa took a deep breath, "They'll be returning soon. All of them" She looked at the people, "We must prepare to receive them"

With that Sansa left without another word, went straight to her chamber. 

Lyanna didn't know what Sansa meant by all of them returning. She just stared at the stark banners hanging on Winterfell's walls though realizes that all eyes turned to her now.

"My lady Mormont. . ."

Lyanna raised her hand and the maester backs away. "What are you all standing idly for?" She said to them, "You heard lady Stark, prepare the castle for our king's return!"

And how quickly the soldiers ran off to follow her bidding, like a true bear of house Mormont. Lyanna and her maester went to the castle walls and there they waited. After a while, the winds blew harder and harder as it passed, causing all the banners to wave violently. They thought it was the start of another storm but it wasn't, it was a different storm that was headed for them.

Drogon and Rhaegal flew high up in the sky, their huge wings are the cause of the strong gust winds down below. From the battlements of WInterfell they looked like two giant birds to Lyanna, her maester was at the same time excited and frightened. 

"Lady Mormont" he said, his voice a bit shaken

"I see them, dragons" she said calmly.  

"There he is returning, my lady" he pointed out to far open snow filled land. "The King in the North"

"And who is that? Riding beside him" Lyanna pointed out, "The one with the silver hair?"

The maester smiled, "That my lady would be Daenerys Targaryen, the mother of dragons"

Lyanna watched as the two most powerful man and woman in Westeros come to Winterfell with a huge army from all around the world. The dragon and the wolf banners were seen everywhere, followed by the bannermen. Soon the two dragons flew by Winterfell and flew circles for a long time until Jon and Daenerys arrived. 

The fields around Winterfell were quickly filled with thousands of tents and camp fires. None could ever imagined a southern army to sleep outside Winterfell's walls, a thought that many lords and ladies hated. 

Dany was told to wait outside Winterfell while the great hall is being prepared to accommodate her and the southern lords. Before anything else, Dany made sure to keep her dragons from doing harm to anyone, especially because of what just happened hours ago. Then she went to make sure her men are well rested after their long march. Ser Jorah and Theon was always by her side then her queensguard following behind, she noticed Theon a bit anxious while they walked around Winterfell especially when they pass by northern soldiers.