The Agreement

Two days. That was how long he had to put up with the looks and the burning eyes. He wasn't stupid. He knew that it would only get worse from there. Once people knew exactly what they said he did, it would get worse. Rapist were hated in jail. Not as much as child molesters or child killers, but they were still up there. Especially if they thought he was actually the one to take her life.

It had been fairly quiet so far. He had spent most of his time observing and being observed. So far, he noticed a grand total of three people that owed him a favor. A guard, he had found the man's wife after she had run off with her nineteen year old boyfriend to Kailua, was the first. That man was probably the last one he wanted to mess with. The guard was too short tempered to do much, and seemed to be against him more so than the other two, probably because the man asked to look at the crime scene photographs.

The second was a slightly more useful twenty- something year old who he helped get back most of his fortune after his father died. He, knowing him, was probably here for speeding tickets or not paying for his kids once again. Despite the money, the young man was still mostly useless. Unless he actually got bail or something. Then he might call in the favor.

It was the third one that he favored. Arnold Webber was an ex drug runner whose sister had been kidnapped. Liano helped get her back, and gave him a new life with his sister. Most people, once they were in the gang, were trapped for the rest of their lives. Not so much for Webber. He was one of the lucky ones.

Webber also had an added bonus of giving him bit of information every now and then. He was one of Liano's more regular informants when it came to the Nightmare Knights, the gang that thought they were the best thing since sliced bread. He was also the only one out of the three that preferred not to lie out of his ass. Webber was, for lack of better word, a southern gentlemen.

He knew that the time to approach the man was coming up. He had his first court date soon, to see if he was eligible for parole or not. As it was, he wanted to be gone before then. It would make the police more irritable, thus making them pursue him more aggressively.

Strangely, Liano actually wanted law enforcement to be pissed at him. It would make it harder to get his revenge, but at the same time, it would make it easier to get the ending that he wanted.

But, he couldn't let that happen yet.

No, now was the time to lurk in the dark and uncover the skeletons hidden in the closets of as many inmates as he could. In his mind, there was no such thing as useless information. Sure, some information came with an expiration date, but that hardly meant anything if used correctly. And if there was one thing he was good at, it was remembering things he probably shouldn't know.

He hardly remembered when his obsession with knowing what was going on started, but as long as he knew when it ended, he couldn't care less.

For a lot of people, especially the ones that were innocent, they used their time talking to lawyers and trying to get out of the so called hell.

Liano scoffed at that. This was nothing. At least they got fed three times a day here, and had access to both a toilet and a bed, even if it wasn't the most comfortable thing in the world. He had been forced to survive on things that were far different. At least here, he didn't have to dig through the trash to find the things he needed. It was really all that he could do, back in the day, to find a place where he had the highest chance of waking up.

He didn't have to worry about that here. Mostly, he mentally corrected himself. Most of the time, people were content to leave him to his own devices and pretend that he didn't exist. Granted, it wasn't as often as he would have hoped, but it was still something.