A broken family

Sage's POV

As I watched my sister run away I could feel the tears flowing in my eyes from the lies from my mother, how could she not trust my sister and me with this information. When I finally looked away from Juniper's path I looked at my mom with tears in her eyes as well, when I looked at my dad he was stone cold trying not to cry, so he could stay strong for me and my mom.

The next morning

The next morning my mom and dad woke me up.

"Stay here, we're gonna go look for Juniper" my mom ordered.

"If anyone comes here, go deeper into the cave and hide" my dad said in a stern voice.

"Why?" I asked because I never had to do that before.

"Don't question us, just do it, okay." Dad said in a soft tone.

"Okay" I answered. As they left I herd mom and dad talking.

"I hope we find her before they do" mom said in hopeless tone.

"Don't worry, if anyone can find Juniper, we can" dad said trying sound hopeful.

Juniper's POV

When Shan and I woke up I found him lying next to me.

"Hey, little space" I exclaimed while pushing him away, but really I wanted him to stay next to me.

"No problem" he replied in a defensive tone.

"We have to get going anyway it might take us a awhile to get back to my pack" he explained. As we were walking I was trying to look as confident as I could but inside I was very nervous. I was thinking about all the downsides of pack life, mom and dad would freak if they found out or I would never see them again or Sage, what would I do without her.

"Hey, don't go soft now." He said as he saw me looking more and more nervous by the second.

"I am not soft" I replied in a sassy tone.

"Really" he said in a sarcastic tone.

"Really" I replied with an angry tone.

"Woe, calm down kitty, I was just messing with you." He replied.

"Don't call me kitty either." I demanded.

"Okay, kitty" he answered.

I tackled him and said while growling "Am I soft now"

"Yeah" he said.

"How?" I asked letting him up

"First of all you let me get under your skin, second you showed me mercy, you never show an opponent mercy" he explained.

"Where did you learn that?" I asked in a sassy tone.

"The pack" he answered.

"Wow" I said, but suddenly he shushed me and pushed me into the bushes.

"What was that about" I asked, again he shushed me, then pointed to the saber who tracked us, my mom.

She started to come over to the bush when dad yelled, "Did you find her" she looked at the bush then yelled "no"

As I saw her leave Shan and I came out of the bush and he looked at me and said" we have to get to my pack quickly, and tell them what happened."

"Why" I asked

"The saber we just saw, was a traitor, at least I think it's her I have only herd descriptions of her" he explained.

"How is she a traitor" I asked in a somewhat worried tone.

"She abandoned our pack in a time of need, why do you sound so concerned anyway" he said suspiciously.

"I'm not, just curious, I guess" I said as convincingly as I could. Although inside I felt guilty, they are going through all this trouble to find me, but why. If only mom would just trust , me with the truth, and stop lying.

Then suddenly I saw something in the bushes.

"Who's there" I asked in a scared tone.