Luck of the black and white

Shira's POV

Juniper looked at Sage and Sage looked at Juniper, then they started walking towards Sarah.

"Sorry mom, we don't need you we need pack" Juniper yelled to me.

I sighed and yelled back on reply " I hope you know what you're getting into" and walked away along side Diego, we knew that they were old enough to look out for themselves, but I will always be there for them.

I looked at Diego, with a shamed look on his face "hey are you okay?" I asked.

"I made a promise to you, and I couldn't keep it" he answered.

"It's not your fault Diego, I'm the one the one that should have told them the truth" I reassured him.

"I just hope they'll be okay" Diego said with concern.

"To be honest I am more worried about Juniper" I said.

"Why?" He asked.

"Because she's like me" I answered.

"Whats wrong with you?" He asked again.

"In my pack its considered to be bad luck to be female and have black and white fur, you are treated differently and you don't have certain privileges" I answered.

"What privileges don't you have?" He asked.

"You can't eat with the pack, you have little respect for the alpha, and you can't mate" I answered.

"Then how did you get the chance to mate with my pack leader" he asked in a concerned tone, I could tell he was uncomfortable with the topic.

"He had a list of females from my pack that were eligible to mate, and he was most impressed with me" I answered softly, I didn't like the subject either. We went back to our cave, it feels so empty without my girls. All Diego did was look at me. I had no more tears left to fill my eyes, he realized that and started nuzzling me, this made me feel better but it won't bring back my girls.

Juniper's POV

I can't believe that I turned away from mom and dad. The only positive is I get to be I a pack, and I can be with Shan, and Sage can be with Bash.

"I'm glad you girls made the right choice, you won't regret it" Sarah said.

"Yeah I couldn't imagine being in this pack the rest of my life without you" Shan said in a sincere tone, this made my heart skip a beat.

"Same here" Bash added, but to Sage, I could see he liked him, because she blushed.

"We will skip the hunting lesion for today" Sarah informed us.

"Yeah, I think we need a day to clear our heads" I added.

We walked back to the cave Sage and I were staying in, and we lied there together before Shan walked in.

"Juniper I need to talk to you" he told me.

I walked out with him and looked really serious. " is everything okay" I asked him.

"Sarah found out about us" he told me.

"What's wrong about that?" I asked very cluelessly.

"You don't know, do you?" He asked.

"Don't know what?"I asked again.

"Black and white female sabers can't mate in this pack" he told me, I could tell it was hard for him to tell me this.

"What?!" I asked not believing what he said.

"Juniper, I love you, but we can't be together" he said in a sad voice.

"I love you too, why can't female sabers like me mate" I asked.

"It's considered bad luck" he explained.

"We can run away!" I suggested.

"I don't know, the pack is all I know."he said unsurely.

"Don't go soft on me now" I joked.

"At least we'll have each other" I added hopefully.

"Okay, let's do it."he said.

"We can't tell anyone though" I told him in a quiet voice.

"I know" he said.

"When should we leave"I asked.

"Tomorrow night" he told me smiling.

"Sounds great" I replied with the same smile.