Together but not forever

Diego's POV

When Shira and I got back she went to our cave lied down, away from me. I looked at her seeing all the hurt, anger, and regret in her eyes.

I looked up and saw Sid walking into the cave.

"Hey, did you find them?" Sid asked innocently.

"No Sid" I answered.

"What happened?" He asked.

"They uh... " I started.

"They joined the pack"Shira answered for me.

He looked at us confused because he didn't know about Shira's pack. "What pack" Sid asked again.

"Shira's past pack" I answered.

"Oh" he exclaimed, only shock was shown on his face.

Just then Manny, Ellie, and Peaches walked in.

"Did you hear?" I asked.

"Yeah"Manny answered.

"You know if you guys need anything, don't be afraid to ask." Ellie said with compassion in her eyes.

"Yeah, thanks" Shira said with as much emotion as she could, it wasn't a lot.

After they left I couldn't sleep. I looked at Shira, she was having the same problem.

"You still worrying about the girls" I asked.

She sighed "I just keep having this but feeling that their gonna come back"

"I keep having that feeling too" I replied.

With these words I hoped that she would have some feeling of comfort.

Juniper's POV

I woke up and walked out of my cave to see Sarah waiting for me.

"Juniper" she started in a very serious tone "I have found out that you and Shan were thinking about being together, is that true"

"Yes" I stated in a submissive voice.

She made an angry face and said "I know that you're new to this pack so I will let you off with a warning, it is forbidden for a black and white female sabers to mate, do you understand!"

"Yes ma'am" I answered. "But may I ask, why?"

"You do not question the rules of this pack do you understand" Sarah replied in a very threatening way.

I nodded my head and ran away to look for Sage. When I found her she was with Shan nuzzling together, he looked her in her eyes and liked her nose. I looked at them while they were looking at me, I had tears flowing in my eyes.

"Are you serious, Sage, you're my sister, and Shan, I thought you loved me" I yelled in horror.

"Juniper, it's not what you think" Shan yelled. As he ran up to me. I looked him in the eyes.

"Then what is it" I asked with anger and sadness. He was silent along with Sage who had a look of horror on her face same as mine and all I could think about was going back to mom for comfort, so I ran away as fast as I could. After running for what felt like forever, I finally saw mom and dad's cave. I ran inside and saw them.

"Mom, dad" I yelled with happiness as I ran towards them.

"I am so glad you're here, I thought I would never see you again" mom said with pure happiness as we put our foreheads together, I moved away and did the same thing to dad.

"Where's Sage?" My mom asked after we calmed down.

"I don't know and I don't care"I said with a tone of anger.

"What happened" my dad asked.

"She betrayed me" I said as I explained what happened, after I was done I looked at them and they were in complete shock.

"Sweetie, I understand how you feel" mom said trying to comfort me.

"How would you know" I said on the verge of crying.

"Because, the pack leader, Sarah, is my sister"

"What happened between you two"I asked.

"Well, I was about your age when I fell in love with a saber named Shane, but Sarah stole him.Then 2 years after he... died in a hunting accident, that killed me, along with Sarah. So we did the best thing we knew how and moved on, but to this day I have never forgiven her" mom explained, I could tell that she had a hard time telling this, looking in her eyes she was reliving it.

"What happened after" I asked.

"My pack fell into war with another rival pack, your dad's, and to make peace he was going to mate with one of us, and since he was most impressed by me he chose me. When I found out about this I ran away, never to see my pack again"mom stated.

"But at least you found dad" I said trying to cheer her up, when I said this dad looked at mom a nudged her on the shoulder.

"And I am so glad we found you" dad added.

"So tell me, how did Sage betray you" mom asked this almost killed me since I had to relive the betrayal and heartbreak.

"I was with this saber named Shan and since I couldn't mate in the pack we decided we were going to run away together" when I said this I could see day's anger in his eyes.

"You saw them together didn't you?" Mom asked, I nodded my head.

"It'll be okay Juniper, no one will ever hurt you again here, not on my watch" dad replied, this made me smile, and the rest of the night we spent together talking and laughing, it was like we were a family again.