Chapter 9: The Unforeseen Kiss

Inaho's P.O.V.

I walk into the café and sit in the very back. I just need some time away from home right now, considering tomorrow is Saturday.

I hear my phone buzz so I check my phone, it's a text.

Remember how you want me to tell you everything that happens in school while you're away? ~Info-chan

So I see you did get my text last night.

Yes that's correct. ~Inaho

Well, you need to understand, everything I do comes with a price. ~Info-chan

Trust me I know. Name you're price. ~Inaho

Before I read what Info-chan texted me I look up, noticing someone sitting at my table.

"Oh, hey Rayet."

"I need your help."

I nod, pressing her to continue, "With?"

She sighs, "I'm assuming you haven't been told if you don't know yet."

"Huh?"

She shakes her head, "Check your phone."

I nod, doing as she said. I see the message with what Info-chan wants me to do.

"Yeah I can help with that."

This is going to ruin a lot of things...

"Thank you. Meet me here tomorrow I'll say around 1:30."

I nod, "I'll be here."

After that little conversation I decide to head home. I tell Rayet goodbye and walk home.

When I open the door, I immediately hear Yuki.

"Welcome back Nao! Did you enjoy your time at the café?"

I walk into the kitchen, "Not as much as I usually do. I'll be heading back there tomorrow."

"Alright that's fine. Tomorrow the teachers have a conference so I won't be able to give you a ride."

"That's fine I can make do by walking just fine."

I begin preparing dinner for the two of us. The thoughts of tomorrow continously crossing my mind.

(y/n)'s P.O.V.

It feels like the weekend took too long to get here. I've been waiting for a break from all the idiots in school all week, even though it was just the first week.

I look down at my phone to check the time.

Wow 12:25 already? Slaine said to meet up at 1 so I guess I should start getting ready and leave...

With the thought of meeting up with Slaine crossing my mind, I shut off the game I was playing, and start getting ready.

I changed into my (f/c) t-shirt and blue skinny jeans. After changing I brushed my (h/l) (h/c) hair.

By the time I'm walking out the door the time is 12:55.

Good thing it won't take me more than 5 minutes to get there.

When I do arrive at the café and walk inside, I immediately spot Slaine.

I wave to him, looking around to see if anyone else is here from school.

After looking around the only other person I recognize is Rayet. I walk up to Slaine and sit across from him.

"Hey (y/n)."

I smile, "Hey Slaine. How are you?"

"Oh I'm good, what about you?"

I shrug, "I'm good I guess."

"Well that's good."

"Listen Slaine," I begin, "There's something I need your help with..."

He tilts his head slightly in curiosity, "What is it?"

"Well the other day I found out Asseylum and Harklight like each other. I was wondering if you could convince Harklight to ask Asseylum out."

He seems to be surprised by this, his eyes widening slightly, "Yeah I can help. I just wonder why he didn't tell me. I mean we're really close friends."

I nod in agreement, "I feel you, I just hope that when they start dating it'll last."

He nods, and it quickly grows silent.

I break the silence before it gets too awkward, "So, what do you like to do on your free time?"

"I like to read and draw a lot, oh and more recently I've started taking cooking lessons. What about you?"

"I am the exact definition of a gamer. I'm always playing something if I'm not doing homework when I'm home."

He eyes seem to glisten, "Wow that's really cool, the only other gamer I know is Rayet."

"You know Rayet?"

He nods, "We don't talk much anymore, but yeah I know her."

So Rayet is a gamer huh? Me and her are gonna have a long gamer talk one day.

"Interesting," is all I say.

Slaine and I continue to have small talk for the next hour or so, before I decide I should go.

Aaaaaand I'm tired of being here.

"Slaine, this has been a great conversation, but I really should be getting home. I still have chores to do.

He nods in understanding, "Yeah ok, you go on ahead. I'm gonna stay a bit longer and read my book."

I smile, "Let's do something like this again soon, okay?"

He smiles back, "Definitely."

After that I stand up to leave, and start walking towards the door.

Before I reach the door, someone gets in front of me.

"Oh, hey Inaho I didn't even know you were here."

"Please forgive me," was all he says.

"Um, are you-"

Before I can finish what I'm saying, he grabs both of my upper arms. All of a sudden I feel a pair of lips on mine. My eyes widen in complete shock, and I push Inaho away.

"What the hell?"

He doesn't say anything, he just turns around running out the café.

Oh hell no. You don't kiss me when I know you don't have feelings for me and not explain yourself.

"Inaho, wait!"

I run out the café after him. Not even once crossing my mind what Slaine is thinking. Let alone remember he was watching, the entire time.

I chase him all the way to the park, where we met up the other night.

I try to catch my breath, "Inaho..." I continue to breathe heavily, "why?"

Date published: July 16, 2016