The Lies

"Shut your mouth, sweetie. You'll catch flies," I batted my eyes at Draco, lifting two fingers to his chin, and guiding his jaw shut.
A satisfied smirk fell to my lips as I watched his Adam's Apple bob and a fine blush dust his cheeks.
"So Neville, darling, anything you want to tell me?" Pansy asked, or rather, bit at her boyfriend.
"Don't worry Pansy, we're just friends," Neville chuckled, waving a dismissive hand at her. "No need to be jealous."
"Seriously Pans, he's not my type," I told her, shooting her a look.
"Oh, right," She choked out, through her blush.
"So how come we've never seen you around before?" Astoria asked, looking rather confused.
"Yeah, I think we'd remember you if we had," Blaise added with a smirk.
"I've been hiding out in a different house," I told them with a dark smirk. "It takes a real snake to be able to hide in the lion's den."
Their eyes widened in shock as they slowly realized what I meant while Neville burst out laughing, causing everyone to turn their attention to him.
"What?" Daphne asked with her arms crossed in front of her chest.
"Just thinking that it also takes a bloody large amount of Slytherin cunning to buddy up to the golden trio and be on Dumbledore's good side," He told them through chuckles.
I watched all of their eyes widen fractionally more, except Pansy and Draco's, of course.
"It's not like I was best mates with them or anything," I mumbled, getting put off by everyone's obvious curiosity.
"Yeah, only Granger and Weasley," Neville added with a wink. "Potter hated you, though I think it was only because his friends liked you so much."
"Ain't that the truth," I told him with a short giggle.

--------------------------------------

"I have to admit, I can't seem to see you the same way anymore," Draco admired after we had left the others.
"That's probably just because you've never seen me in green before," I joked, with a small grin.
"Well, although you look good in it, that wasn't what I meant," Draco flushed, running a hand through his hair.
As his hand came back down, he froze, eyes popping open to glare at the hand as if it had just committed an unholy crime.
"Look what you made me do!" He shrieked frantically, pointing an accusatory finger at me.
I had to bite my lip to keep from laughing.
"Don't worry, we can fix it," I told him through giggles.
I lifted both my hands up to his hair, stopping short as he flinched away from me, his eyes squinting at me and his lips pressed thinly in a pout.
"I won't make it worse, I promise," I told him, holding my hands up in mock surrender.
He nodded warily, letting my lift my hands back to his soft blond hair. I raked my fingers through the tresses and fixed it in a hot 'messy' look, before pulling away reluctantly.
I conjured a mirror, turning it so he could see, his eyes widening a fraction before he turned his eyes back to me.
"I look like you!" He shrieked.