Chapter 5

Adam's POV

Zane came running into the room. "Dude she's alive, for now. The doc said that she lost a lot of blood, and she should probably get help, but other than that and all the cuts and scars that look anywhere from years old to today she'll live."

I can't believe that she did this to herself, she did this because of me. But I can't help wonder why she was doing it before, does she know that her parents are dead, or is something else going on?

"When do you think she'll wake up?" I ask showing no emotion.

"Sometime in the next hour."

"That's good. I'll check on her." I went to where she was staying until she's better, I waited for her to wake up.

The room she was staying in looked like a regular hospital room, it had a bed a couple of chairs. It broke my heart seeing her with all of the wire things connected to her, but what made it worse is that she was in a hospital gowned with her legs showing, there where at least a hundred scars on her legs. I lost count at two hundred and twenty four. It was so painful for me to look at.
____

It has been about half an hour later and I was still at her bedside, she hadn't waken up yet. "Scarlet please please please wake up."  I got really mad when she didn't listen, everyone listens to me, but deep down I know this is different she can't control the fact that she passed out.

"WAKE UP!" I yell at her unconscious body. I got up and started speed walking towards the door, but the got stopped by her voice.

"A-Adam, I-I know you, I've known you sense I was 4."

A smile spread across my face. "You remember."

"Ya, you know I never really thought I was going to see you again, I mean I left, stopped talking to everyone in my old life, died my hair, got piercings, pretended that I was a different person and then," a tear runs down her cheek, "I actually became a different person." More tears ran down her cheek, in that moment all I wanted to do was hold her and tell her everything was going to be ok, but I couldn't she was terrified of me. I feel bad for scaring her. 

"Scarlet I kinda need to tell you something, something very important."