chapter 7 ( Look at me)

I called him again for the twentieth time in a row but he didn't respond. I sighed knowing that he won't, he must have forgotten that I am still here waiting for him. I walked towards the exit and left the restaurant where we were supposed to meet five hours ago.

I walked in building where our apartment is when Harry rushed towards me.

"You can't... there's a party going on." He informed me in a whisper.

"Uh...okay." I walked towards the fire escape...looking at the stars.

After a few hours he called,

"Where are you?" He sounded tiered.

"I'm coming up. Hold on."  I picked my jacket went to the apartment.

"It's four in the morning Kath, where were you?" He asked me in his sleepy voice.

"At the stairs."

He nodded and turned moving towards bed. That's all....I've been waiting for straight eleven hours for him...and he just nods.

"Why didn't you show up at the restaurant..we were suppose to have lunch...at least you could've called or informed me about the party Dan." I looked at him for any  answers.

"Ugh...can we not do this right now? It's the only time I get to rest, besides it's already four. Please get some sleep. You can have this conversation anytime....."

I turned around not wanting him to see how much that hurt me.

_______

"Are you sure...he left for home?" I asked his secretary.

"Yeah.."

I squealed with happiness and went down to a bakery, brought a cake.

Lighted up the candles...cooked dinner and called him to ask what's taking him so long.

"Where are you...I thought you were coming early tonight?"

"Yeah...I got off work early so I stopped at Joe's. I'll be there in an hour."

I sat on the couch waiting for him...looking at the delicious cake.

Only to wake up next morning with a note lying on the counter.

" I  have thrown away the cake...it went bad. Going to work. Sleepy head. Bye."

Katherine's pov

I felt a pang of hurt travel through my heart again...it was just a memory but those moments still felt real...that hurt.

*thud thud thud* *thud thud*  loud banging at my door woke me up from my thoughts...yawning I pulled myself off the bed to open the damn door.

I opened the door when suddenly Dora came crashing down on me, we both landed on the floor with a huge thud. This thud sound is starting to annoy me now. I rolled my eyes waiting for her to get off me.

"Look at me" Dora commanded me.

"What" trying to push her off.

"You killed me with worry last night. Where the hell were you anyway?" We both sat up, she was starting to raise her voice when I did not reply.