Chapter.27.Date Part 1.<3

Lucas' Point of View.

Thank God I left 30 minutes early to make the 5 minute drive to her house. It's 5 till 4 now and I still haven't managed to get out of the car. This is all so surreal to me and I don't think I've ever been this nervous in my life. I'm always a confident person, except whenever I'm around Riley. I'm constantly checking to make sure she's having a good time or if she's happy. I pretty much came prepared for anything, hell I even have a portable DVD player for background noise if she wants that and not music. I doubt she will though, fingers crossed she'll love where I'm taking her. "Okay, get your ass up Friar. The sooner you get out of the car, the sooner you can see Riley."

And that did it.

I just need to focus on one thing at a time. One small thing at a time, so first go up the elevator. Second, knock on her door. God, why am I so nervous it's just a conversation that's all this date is. An intimate conversation that's 2 hours away and in a remote place. All arrows, every part of this evening is pointing to a date. Though we both know it's a date, because I haven't let her forget it I just wanted to make it especially obvious.

2 loud raps on the door and now it's just a waiting game. "COMING!" Huh, I wonder why Maya isn't here she has told me all week that she was going to help get her ready. The door cracks slightly and if my soul and heart weren't so insistent on this date then I'm pretty sure I would have died and gone to heaven.

"Riley." I breathe, voice barely a whisper as I look at this angel in front of me. A simple white sundress and strappy sandals.

"Lucas." She mocks me, but I don't even laugh. I've only seen her in a dress one other time in the past 3 years and that was for the formal dinner. Don't get me wrong, she was the most beautiful woman at the dinner that night but this dress ends an inch or two above the knee, showcasing her legs for days. Her brown curls resting neatly over her shoulder. Her eyes looking as innocent as ever, long eyelashes with her brows raised slightly. She's about to ask me what's wrong. Like there could be anything wrong in this moment.

"Before you say anything, there is absolutely nothing wrong. You just look, beautiful is such an understatement but it's also the only word I can think of right now." Cheeks tinging a light pink, nervously she nibbles on her lip. Those lips that I'm determined to kiss tonight-if she's okay with it that is. I've waited years... I can manage longer if she isn't comfortable with it. I'm a patient man.

I'd have to be. "Lucas you're staring again."

Chuckling to myself I step forward, grabbing her hand. An inch of space between our bodies while I caress her hand. My thumb brushing against her fingers, slowly intertwining them and this act alone is making her nervous. "It's hard not to stare at an angel Riley." Before she can reply with something sarcastic, slowly I lean in to kiss her cheek. "Do you have your swim suit?"

"Yes." Lifting the purse in her other hand I stifle a laugh. Definitely Maya's idea, I've never seen her with a purse.

Ever.

"You look great."

And I'm dead. Died and gone to heaven. She just said I looked great, just in case you didn't read that right. Kissing her cheek again I whisper, "Thank you" against her soft, flushed skin. "You ready beautiful girl?"

"Yes sir!"

"Perfect." Leaning around my date, I shut the door behind her. I'll never get over that word... date. "Because it's a 2 hour drive and-"

"2 HOURS!?!"

Stepping into the elevator, I keep her close to me. I don't think I'll be able to not have her near me tonight. Please God do not let this be a dream. "Yes ma'am, 2 hours it's a very secluded spot and somewhere special to my family."