Chapter.20.Overdrive.<3

Lucas kept a hand on my leg the entire time we were driving back to my house. I didn't mind it, though after that traumatic experience I probably should have. I quit crying, no tears will change what happened tonight. I feel Lucas glancing at me whenever he can get a chance, occasionally his thumb will make small circles as a comforting notion. I don't look at him though, I keep my focus on the streetlights flying past us and cars rushing beside us.

I wish I had a name. I would report him.

I wasn't going to be someone who would hide the information from the proper people. He needs to be held accountable for his actions, drunk or not. And even though groping, grinding and kissing on my neck may not seem like a big deal to some, I have two words for those people. It is. It's a big deal whenever it is forced and now I understand how much of an issue it is, I want-I don't know what I want.

"We're here sweet cheeks. I'm going to go around and grab you, okay?" Nodding at his gentle and caring tone I give him a small smile and unbuckle my seat belt. I know what I want. I want to know why? Why did he do that? Did Missy really put him up to this or is my imagination running wild? I mean she can be cruel but she isn't that cruel is she? His hand enveloping mine pulls me out of my thought, our fingers intertwine as we saunter into my apartment building.

Lucas seems on edge, eyes darting from left to right. Occasionally he glances behind us as we cross the street. "What are you doing?"

The question slips out before I think twice about it. He smirks and kisses my temple. "Making sure you're safe."

"With you I am." Again, words falling out without me thinking twice about it. Is this like a side effect from earlier events? If so I chose the worst person to be around at the moment for that specific side effect. But I couldn't bring myself to dwindle on that too much, I feel safe with him. His lips fall to my cheek and the elevator door opens for us. As soon as we step inside of my apartment I kick off my shoes, hang up my jacket and meander to my bedroom desperate for a shower.

Lucas was hot on my heels. "Riley what is that?"

I spin around and cock my head to the side, "What is what?"

Fingertips brush against my skin and quickly goosebumps form. What I didn't know was that he was simply moving my hair out of the way fully. "Is that a hickey?" I don't know how to answer, so I don't. He's going to think I just started fooling around with some guy. This couldn't look worse. Feigning interest in the hardwood floor I don't dare look at the man in front of me. "That's why we left, isn't it?"

Gulping, I nod.

"Shit." He pulls me into his chest, "Did he do anything else? Who the hell is he? You know what, to hell with it. I'm going back to the party." And just like that his comforting warmth is gone.

Getting my butt in gear I follow after him, "What are you planning to accomplish by going back there?"

"I'm going to find out who the hell hurt you Riles. Obviously that was done by force! You aren't the kind of girl to randomly kiss, well anyone. You respect yourself. Plus he scared you shitless! I'm going to take care of this guy."

I sprint towards the door and slam it shut. At least one of my fears is resolved, I guess after my actions at the party I shouldn't be surprised he knew that this wasn't willing. "Lucas stop."

"No! No one hurts you Riley! You're-you just-that shit isn't okay. No one hurts you. No one." I wrap my arms around his neck and giggle lightly when he says, "no one." Again in a whisper. "Who was it?"