Chapter.45.Happy Halloween Part 3.<3

He didn't stay here with me.

Maya ended up kicking him out about two hours later to get ready for the Halloween party. I can't wait to see my friends so I can thank them profusely for what they did. That's what they have been doing for the past week and three days, prepping for the day Lucas finally asked me out. And I say finally because it has been almost a month since we went on our first date. But honestly, if he had come back and immediately tried to develop a relationship other than friendship I may have pushed him away, thank God he didn't do that.

Because now I am Lucas Friar's girlfriend.

Can I get a hell yeah?

Anyways, Maya is currently curling my hair and complaining about the fact she no longer has fingerprints. "Peaches I told you I could curl it, so really you only have yourself to blame."

"You're so terrible to me." I just shrug, no point in arguing no matter how false her words are. "So, you and I haven't really had a chance to talk about everything peaches. Lover boy is always around."

My eyes connect with hers in the mirror, she averts her gaze to another strand of hair that's pulling through the curling iron. "What's there to talk about?"

Please don't, please don't.

"Bentley."

Huffing, I keep my focus solely on my fingers that are rolling around one another. "Are you wanting the whole story?"

Instantly she shakes her head, and sets the hot tool down on my bathroom counter to take my hands in hers. "Just – God I am a terrible friend for asking this, but he didn't take your –

"God, NO! He just kissed my neck and hoisted me up against the wall and he was grinding against me." I try not to shudder at the memory but it proves to be more difficult than I would care to admit. I can't wait for this to just pass. She nods and wraps her arms around me.

"Good. Or I'd kill him."

Lucas practically did from what he told me, thank goodness Charlie was there which is weird to say. "I wouldn't let you. Either way I've reported him and just waiting to hear back to ID him."

Hailee Steinfeld plays in the background as we silently start to work again. I had already gotten a picture of Auggie from grandma and grandpa. He looked so adorable, he was the old man from 'UP'. He had the glasses, bow tie and everything. Including the walker with tennis balls on the bottom with balloons attached. I almost died from the cuteness overload. 10 to 1 says he gets tired of using that walker by the first 30 minutes. He's getting an early start since mom and dad land at 10 and the airport is about an hour away. "You should talk to Josh." Glancing at Maya I give her a skeptical look, I never go to Josh. I love him and he loves me, we're a happy family. He's a great uncle just doesn't do well with words, like communication is not one of his strong suits... if you haven't already guessed. "I know, crazy request but he wants to talk to you he just doesn't know how to approach you about it. I mean it's a sensitive subject not just for you but for him."

Him?

"Just go talk to him peaches. Shoo." Chuckling, I follow her 'orders' and saunter into the living room. Like I said Lucas left to go help Charlie set up for the party and to get dressed in his mystery costume. I was told by Maya we are probably going to be the talk of the night after the big spectacle today. I don't mind, just means I can brag on him a little bit because I don't know of anyone else who would do that for a girl he liked.

Which only furthers the feeling of me falling in love with him.

Bastard.

Josh is perched on the couch, vicariously flipping through the channels. Unlike Lucas, Josh couldn't be convinced to wear a costume so he stole Lucas' original idea. The name tag was already placed on his shirt, Maya found it hilarious which proves my point that they are perfect for one another. My OTP! I had to google what that meant... and Darby told me their ship name was 'Joshaya', but apparently that 'ship' set sail a while ago. I wish I knew what all that nonsense meant, but I just play along and smile. "Are you just going to stand there like a creep niece?"