Chapter 1 - The Date

-Nick POV-

The coziness of my bed felt good as I woke up, the sheets against my fur. I could feel the warmth of the sunrise coming in through my window. It was, nice. I turned around facing the other way and checked the time on my phone. "8:54". Ew, that's early... Usually I never wake up this early, I'm more of a night fox. It all then hit me, my mind becoming crisp and my thoughts flowing into my mind, I was excited, because I was hanging out with Judy at the park today! I told her that I would meet her there at 11. I rushed to get up and put on some clothes, it was summer time in Zootopia, so it was pretty warm. I slipped on my green Hawaiian shirt and some khakis, and put on some aviators.. I grabbed my phone and keys and walked out the door, I may as well go to the coffee shop to get some breakfast.

-Judy POV-

Ive been awake for a couple hours now, that stupid fox is still probably sleeping! He hasn't texted me yet. I told him that we were going to meet at the park today, I looked at the clock.. "10:30" ugh, I slumped down as I moaned in frustration. I should just call him. I picked up my phone and dialed his number, almost instantly, he picked up. "Carrots!" He said, eager that I called him.

"Hey nick, are you ready yet? Maybe we can meet there a little bit early."

"Sure, I don't mind. I don't really have anything planned anyway" I heard him let out a little chuckle from the other end. "See you in a few minutes cutie!" He said with sarcasm.

"You can't call a bunny cute Nick!" I exclaimed as I started to feel my cheeks get hot from a blush of anger and passion at the same time.

"Hehe, ok ok... I'll see you later carrots." My blush started to slowly fade away

"ok see you then!"

-Nick POV-

"Haha, I don't know why she gets so mad when I call her cute.. Oh well" I said to myself

I threw my empty coffee cup in the trash and casually walked out of the coffee shop heading to the park. When I got there, I waited for Judy by the entrance, unlocking my phone while I was at it. A few minutes later, I saw Judy walking down the street, she was wearing a violet short sleeve shirt and some light wash jeans, it complimented her eyes perfectly. I then snapped out of it, realizing I was staring at her.

"Hey nick!" She said with a cheerful tone

"Hey!" I exclaimed back, petting in between her ears as she walked beside me

"So, what are we going to do today?"

"Well, I was thinking that we could just walk around here an then get some ice cream later I guess.."

"That sounds good, I love ice cream!"

"Haha, me too."

We walked around the park, talking about recent things and looking around. There were a ton of other animals here today, it was starting to get crowded...

"I have an idea"

"What?" She was confused

"Give me your paw"

"Umm... Why? Nick I'm not going to play any of your games"

I put my paw against my chest "No I swear I won't"

"Ok ok."

As she ever so slightly grabbed my paw, I quickly grabbed hers and started running.

-A lot more than friends-
-by Datfoxboi

"NICK WAIT UP" "what are you doing" she said to me a little bit rushed.

"I will show you"

We walked to the part of the park that wasn't as crowded, the part that had some hills and more trees.

"Why are you taking us here?" She said

"Why not?" I shrugged "it's peaceful here"
She agreed and we just kept walking.. It was perfect, in the park with Judy.

-Judy POV-

I have to agree, it was really nice that Nick brought us up here. We walked for a long time, a couple hours I would say. My feet started to hurt.

"Hey nick, should we go get some ice cream now?"Nick didn't answer, he was dazed and he was just staring at me.

"Nick?"

"Oh, sorry carrots. Sure let's go get some!"

We walked back, enjoying the view of the park and all of the animals. We went back to the entrance to find an ice cream truck. I looked up at nick, he was glancing at all of the flavors. He was looking pretty hard at the ice cream with crickets and blueberry flavored ice cream. Yuck. The flavors we liked were way out of range from each other..

"What are you going to get carrots?" He said.

"Umm... I'm still thinking" I replied

He smirked "carrot flavor, probably."

I laughed, "good guess, but I want to have something else this time... I'll get celery ice cream"

He fake gagged and then we started laughing, "I'm a bunny you know nick! I like different flavors than you."

"I know, it's just that I hate celery" he chuckled again.

It was our turn to order.

"One cricket ice cream and one celery ice cream please" he said to the cashier. He then paid and we started walking home.

"I'll walk with you to your apartment" he said

"Nick I can take care of myself." I replied

"I know, it's just that I want to walk home with my favorite bunny in the whole world!"

I started to blush, I tried to hide it by putting my paw on my cheek but obviously it wasn't working, because he saw it too. he said "I guess you don't mind either then, huh?" With his signature sly smile of his. I playfully punched his arm while still blushing.

We finally arrived at my apartment. Nick walked in with me inside and we went up the stairs. We arrived at my room while we were chatting away until my neighbor, Bucky, interrupted us.

"So you brought home your boyfriend today?"

Nick replied "actua--"

Pronk, his room mate then quickly replied. "Don't ask her that kind of stuff!"
"SHUT UP PRONK"
"No you SHUT UP"
"NO YOU SHUT UP"

"Both of you shut up!!" Nick and I yelled at the same time. We then chuckled and nick waved goodbye. We hugged (my head was only about to his waist, but my ears made me a lot taller).

"See you at work tomorrow" I exclaimed

"Uuuugggghhhh I forgot, today is Sunday." While he rubbed the back of his neck. " I'll see you tomorrow carrots, bye!"

"Bye!"

-Nick POV-

I walked out of Judys apartment and started to walk back to my own apartment, not looking around of where I was going. I was too busy thinking about Judy, I wondered.. Does she like me? Like, like like me. Like more than friends... Ugh, No she doesn't like me. I should just give it up, we will never be an interspecies couple.. Why do I have to be a fox. I then thought about when I was staring at Judy, she is so pret--

"OOPH"

"Ugh, Great, just great!" I just tripped on a raised piece of the sidewalk because I wasn't looking where I was going.
I was a little bit less dazed the rest of the way home because of that incident...