Chapter 9

Nick POV

I woke up in the back of the van, panicked. I had a severe headache, the thoughts rushing into my head, my eyes wide open as I lay on the metal floor, back facing down, limbs spread out. I was panting, the dream I just had. After a few seconds i started crying, no sound coming out of my muzzle, but the tears of despair that flowed from the corners to my eyes down the fur on my face. I don't want this, I'm scared. I am severely worried for Judy, even though I shouldn't be. I am the one in trouble, not her... but I just, I-i can't help it.

After a good half hour in the back of the van, finding myself still laying face up in the van, I heard footsteps, my ears perked up and then right after a large brown bear slammed the doors open and snarled at me. I couldn't run away, and I was too weak to anyway, so I didn't even try, although I was terrified.

The bear grabbed me and unlocked the chain from my ankle, bringing me out into the open. I would have tried to get out of his arms, but I am too weak right now. I just sit there while his tight grip stays around me.

As I looked around, my eyes adjusted to the darkness, I have great night vision.

I looked around, still panicked, panting, breathing heavily from terror. Where was I?

Judy POV
"You really need to get some rest Hoops, we all do." Chief Bogo advised in his deep voice of his.

I nod in agreement and I slowly trudge to the doors of the ZTC.

I'm walking home from the trade center, slowly, thinking about nick. I burst out crying, freeing all of the pain and emotions out of my body into the tears running down my face.

I wipe my eyes with my forearm, "what if he's dead!!?" I whisper to myself, I take a deep breath to calm myself down before I wreck myself even more than I already am.

I walk home, without the small hop in my step, looking down at my hands. I didn't have the energy.

After a few minutes I drag myself to my apartment complex. I'm trying to be strong, but I can't help myself from sobbing, I walk up the stairs, downcast. I'm just worried sick about him, I wouldn't know what to do without him! He's my best friend! My police partner.. my...my, my boyfriend. He means everything to me! I start to choke my breath because I feel sorrowful.

I walk to the door of my tiny apartment, unlocking it with he slight tremble of my hand. I don't even bother taking off my ZPD uniform, I'm too much of a wreck right now. I plop my body into the top of my bed and shove my face in the pillow, sobbing quietly, trying to calm myself down. I lay there for a few minutes.

*ring ring!* my phone starts ringing, of course it has to be right now, while I'm a wreck. I slowly get up out of bed to see the lit up phone, glancing what number is calling me.

I see the contact picture below the number.. it's my parents.

I pick up the phone, my hand shaking. I press the answer button

"Hello?" I questioned through the mic of my carrot phone

"Hi honey!" My mom excitedly said through the other side.

"Hi, Mom!" I exclaim in as much of an excited tone as I possibly can.

"What's wrong?" She asked

"It's nothing" I mumbled

"Yes there is, I can tell by the tone of your voice. What's wrong?"

"Mom it's nothing I'm fine..." I start to sob again but try to keep it together.

"Honey, your ears are drooping. There is something wrong and as your mom I would like to know."

"Ok..." I take a deep breath "it's..... it's, Nick." I say, sobbing

"Isn't he that fox friend of yours??" She asked

"Yes"

"Did he hurt you! Did he steal from you !!?"
"So help me your father and I will come over there and teach him a lesson about hurting our daughte—"

I cut her off "Mom, he didn't hurt me, he's the one hurt." I start to cry, I can't keep it in anymore, I wipe away my thoroughly formed tears with my arm.

I let out a chuckle uncomfortably while I'm still wiping my eyes,

"Heh, making myself a wreck doesn't solve anything either."

"I'm sorry sweetie, if there is ANYTHING you need we're always here for you. I have to go, I love you!"

"Ok.. I I've you too mom" I choked up

I heard the phone hang up on the other end of the line, and the call ended. I look down at my paws. Thinking, about everything, about nick.